PDA

View Full Version : My 3 year old woke last in pain with her feet.

Mrschurchill
30-08-16, 12:31
I feel like a broken record but I really feel like my daughter has C.

She takes the odd high temperature and every other months has a new cold/cough.

Well last night she woke up about 2 hours after falling asleep, inconsolable, saying her feet were sore. I asked if her legs were sore (as I KNOW this is a symptom of Luekemia) but she said just her feet. When she first woke it was as if she was having a night terror as she wasn't making much sense. But then started complaining about her feet. I had to get a cold damp towel and wrap her feet in them in order to get her to settle down.

My other half doesn't see any need for her to see a doctor as this was the first time it happened and was perfectly fine this morning when she woke up.

I'm just broken. I can't stop obsessing. How can he not be worried about this?!

Fishmanpa
30-08-16, 12:49
Toddlers get runny noses, bugs and fevers as a matter of course. So I wouldn't concern myself with that.

What my thought is? I actually believe this is a side effect of your anxiety. She obviously sees her Mommy worrying about physical things (kids pick up on WAY more than you realize) and you've been recently obsessing over her every little ache and pain so it only follows that by complaining about something, she'll get your full and undivided attention. Heck, I remember doing that as a child so my Mom would dote over me! Seems to me the night terror is what happened and when she realized what was going on she complained to keep you there a little longer.

I agree with your partner on this one.

Positive thoughts

Mrschurchill
30-08-16, 12:51
That actually makes so much sense. On Saturday I had a horrible headache so I had a damp cloth on the back of my neck. I put it round her feet and was massaging her feet and she was saying how much she liked it!