PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node not going, blood results not normal

LuSmith
30-08-16, 17:30
So I've had a swollen lymph node in my armpit for a little over a month now, but I was suffering from a skin infection which was why I wasn't too concerned about it. However, my doctor said to send me for some blood tests anyway to check everything was normal. I'd been using steroid cream in the meantime to try and get rid of the infection but the lymph node wasn't clearing up.

Okay, so I'm absolutely petrified atm as I just called up to get my blood results and the doctor wants to speak to me! My doctor's aren't the best at getting back to me about things so I'm worried it'll be ages before I hear something anyway, but I can't do anything atm as I'm just sitting here paranoid and worried that I've got something really serious.

It's got me into such a frenzy that I don't feel like doing anything, even things I normally enjoy doing. I was told the doctor will call me back but it could take up to 2 days so now I've got the agony of waiting!

Lately I've been feeling kind of lethargic a lot of the time and a bit rough whenever I go out and come back so I don't know if it's just due to a virus or infection but in any case I'm obviously worried it's something way worse!

Anyone got any reassurance? :(

oceanscape
30-08-16, 17:40
If it was anything really bad then the GP would have called you straight away, you'd be told to get down to the surgery immediately or you would be sent to A&E. Deep breath! I expect the GP just wants to chat through the results; I always get call backs even if the result is normal.

bartin
31-08-16, 08:54
A lymph node in the armpit can enlarge in skin infections and it can take a while to get back to normal.