PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Ankle

louise0501
30-08-16, 23:37
Hi there. I'm really freaking out. I noticed a while ago that my mums ankle is a bit swollen and just tonight she was led on couch and it looked quite bad so im really freaking and cant stop crying. She has been a heavy drinker for most of her life and got worse in last 10 years and she also smokes and is constantly coughing. I googled swollen ankle and says it could be heart disease or liver failure. Im just freaking so bad. Shes had this a while as well. She dont seem herself lately. I dont want her to die. Shes only 57. Any advice on what this could be?

Please reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Fishmanpa
30-08-16, 23:46
Frankly, from what you said, her recreational habits and her age, a visit to her GP would be in order. No one can surmise what it could be but it's most certainly related to her history. Certainly a lifestyle change would be in order if that's the case/regardless.

Positive thoughts

louise0501
31-08-16, 21:44
Hey again. Still really panicking about this. I think it could be cancer or maybe heart or liver disease. It turns out shes had it for a year. So if it is bad then its probably going to be to late to do anything. Im really freaking out.

Any advice?

Please Reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxx

Fishmanpa
31-08-16, 21:53
Hey again. Still really panicking about this. I think it could be cancer or maybe heart or liver disease. It turns out shes had it for a year. So if it is bad then its probably going to be to late to do anything. Im really freaking out.

Any advice?

Please Reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxx

Frankly, from what you said, her recreational habits and her age, a visit to her GP would be in order. No one can surmise what it could be but it's most certainly related to her history. Certainly a lifestyle change would be in order if that's the case/regardless.

Positive thoughts

KeeKee
31-08-16, 22:02
One of my relatives has had swollen ankles for almost a decade. It's pitting too. They aren't just slightly swollen either but very noticeable. Nothing bad has ever happened due to them. It is there constant but much worse in the Summer.

louise0501
01-09-16, 09:53
Wow a decade. I just cant believe she had this a year and not gone to docs. I keep telling her to go but she wont. I also noticed some blue stain on her thumb but she said its from a blue solution she put on her flowers so just dont get whats going on. Im so worried and cant stop crying.

Love Louise xxxxxxxxx