PDA

View Full Version : convinced myself i might have a seizure

rosscola
31-08-16, 00:47
im a long time lurker of this forum but only now have i decided to join because my anxietys getting the best of me and after 6 years of dealing with it im starting to lose my mind with my own constant fears..

just a few minutes ago i was minding my own business, sitting up and doing something when i suddenly got hit with a weird wave of lightheadedness and dizziness, like my head/eyes were shaking and my vision was almost blurring.. i couldnt tell if my vision reall did get messed up but it was enough 2 make me stop what i was doing and grab my head as if i was terrified it was gonna come off...

at first i told myself not 2 google it because itd set me off again ( for the past week ive been having constant health scares for several different other things ) but instead i didnt listen to myself and ended up reading up about seizure auras and everything and now im even MORE frightened ....

im hoping it was just because i was tired earlier and tried to shrug it off and stay up for the sake of my sleeping schedule, because im tired now too.. but im afraid its not

has anyone else had something like this happen? im scared somethings going to happen to me in the next few hours.. im only 17 and im basically stuck as some health anxiety ridden mess

smiles
31-08-16, 01:09
Oh lovely, how scary!!
You have not had a seizure, if you had you would be totally unaware that you had had one!
Tiredness and low blood sugar can do funny things to you, but the worst thing we can do is Google!! I wondered if I had something wrong with my blood as I was really itchy, turns out I cought nits from my 6year old!!! Google will only ever throw up random attention gripping headlines that often are loosely based on fact macking you feel/ think you have the worst case scenario!!
Are you able to talk to your family about this? You should not be facing any sort of anxiety alone.
Relax and lay off the Google x

rosscola
31-08-16, 01:16
Oh lovely, how scary!!
You have not had a seizure, if you had you would be totally unaware that you had had one!
Tiredness and low blood sugar can do funny things to you, but the worst thing we can do is Google!! I wondered if I had something wrong with my blood as I was really itchy, turns out I cought nits from my 6year old!!! Google will only ever throw up random attention gripping headlines that often are loosely based on fact macking you feel/ think you have the worst case scenario!!
Are you able to talk to your family about this? You should not be facing any sort of anxiety alone.
Relax and lay off the Google x

thank you for the reply..! im definitely hoping it was just me being tired that got me worked up.. but with all the scary talk of seizure auras warning of oncoming attacks i got really, really frightened! im still not sure but i think im calming down a bit
i can definitely relate to that though, ive been trying to wean off of googling my symptoms because i realized that exact case.

sadly, i cant talk to my family about it though.. theyre not new to the fact that im anxious about my health like this, but theyve always been pretty annoyed with it. my dad tends to get the most annoyed about how anxious i get over the smallest stuff, so naturally i try to keep most of my spells to myself.. coping with it on my own sometimes gets too much, especially with the stress of being a teenager on top of it :wacko:

smiles
31-08-16, 01:24
Can youtalkto your GP?
I began my HA worries when I was 21 (I'm now 46) it makes me very sad to think that some one as young as you has to face it alone. Please don't think you will have it for the rest of your life!!! It comes and go's i haven had any bad periods for more than 6 years now, I just know how alone and scared it can make you feel.
Please try and get some professional help in some form, it will make a big difference to the fun, healthy and happy future you have ahead of you x

Thoughts
31-08-16, 05:41
Any chance you were relatively stationary for a minute and then stood up or became more actively suddenly. A drop in blood pressure will cause monetarily lightheadedness. Also, you vision is very, very dependent on proper blood flow, so I've read, and a drop in blood pressure can cause flashing in your vision, and occasionally even flashing to the beat of your heart. Anyway, that would be mostly totally harmless.