PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack or something else?

NaeemSaim
31-08-16, 04:06
Hey there, I have been suffering from panic attacks since 5 years. I always got panic attacks when I was out of the house but now I get them in home too and they are increasing. I have seen the doctor who performed ECG and Thyroid test and gave me INDERAL tablets. should I be worried about this? Is there a way I can get out of this problem?
sorry for my bad english.

hanshan
31-08-16, 14:47
Hello NaeemSaim,

You shouldn't be worried about Inderal - they are beta-blockers which can help stop the physical effects of anxiety. If you also suffer mental anxiety, other meds may be helpful.

NaeemSaim
01-09-16, 13:04
Thanks for help hanshan. I have heard that beta blockers have side effects and you can't stop them suddenly

hanshan
02-09-16, 05:27
Hello NaeemSaaim,

All medications have side effects - but they differ from person to person, so you need to check how they affect you.

Generally, you can take beta-blockers on an as-needed basis, so you can start and stop as you see fit. This would mean that you can stop them without consequences. However, if you are taking them on a regular basis, a gradual reduction is probably a good idea.