PDA

View Full Version : Febrile seizures as a child

helenhoo
31-08-16, 13:22
I had a huge fear of epilsepy last year when I focuses on seizures I had as a baby. My mom has told me they were 24 years and doctors told her *if* they could return it would be during puberty.

I'm now more anxious about this again after filling medical form in and the epilsepy question. It wasn't epilepsy. A handful of seizures across period of a month ages 18 months. I'm 26. What's the likelihood?

Gary A
31-08-16, 13:30
Helenhoo, could you please stop trying to find excuses to upset yourself?

helenhoo
31-08-16, 13:34
Hit the nail on the head there Gary.

I guess I'm torn between mentioning it on my medical form and not mentioning it. My mother says they would've come back by now (during hormone changes in pubert, some websites say it's unlikely and others say they aren't linked)

This was a big HA fear of mine last November yet here we are again again.

Gary A
31-08-16, 13:49
Hit the nail on the head there Gary.

I guess I'm torn between mentioning it on my medical form and not mentioning it. My mother says they would've come back by now (during hormone changes in pubert, some websites say it's unlikely and others say they aren't linked)

This was a big HA fear of mine last November yet here we are again again.

Just leave it alone. I'm trying to understand your OCD etc but you're just running round this forum creating threads out of absolutely anything you can think of. Just give us, and yourself, a rest.

helenhoo
31-08-16, 15:01
I do completely agree.

ServerError
31-08-16, 15:11
You really need to ask yourself what you will do in Korea. Where will you turn? How will you tackle this condition?

Yeah, you could post on anxiety forums, but will you have the same freedom to post? Will you struggle if most of the people who use the forum are asleep when you're online? Who will help you treat your anxiety and OCD?

You have a chance to get past this now you have been referred for CBT, or at least to get a hold on it. My advice remains to postpone your trip and seek the treatment you need first.

Obviously it's up to you. Travel is food for the soul as far as I'm concerned. It could benefit you. But there's other benefits you could miss out on if you go while struggling like this. I would encourage anyone to travel who has the urge - it really does have a huge impact on you. But is the right time for you? Do you know much about the South Korean mental health system? Do you know how to access help there?

Sorry to be repetitive, but you need to think very carefully about this.

Also, when do you go?

Carrie8484
31-08-16, 15:25
Im sorry to see you're back into the habit of posting new threads daily about your perceived symptoms.

You did seem to be turning a little corner with your recovery - why not put your energy into that instead?

Some of the posters here are genuinely interested in your Korea trip, but you avoid those questions. Are you no longer going? It would actually help people on here to know if you are or not, and when, if you are going, so they can offer you more advice on your anxiety recovery if it will be here in the UK or in Korea.

Mercime
31-08-16, 15:32
I would very much like to know. When are you leaving for your teaching trip Reb?

Elen
31-08-16, 15:56
How did your phone consultation go? Was it yesterday?

Primula
31-08-16, 16:41
I would very much like to know. When are you leaving for your teaching trip Reb?

16-08-16, 10:51
Replies: 166
Anxiety all time low please help
Views: 3,639
Posted By helenhoo
Re: Anxiety all time low please help

As in I'm moving countries in two months :/

Helen posted this on 16/08/16. So likely to be mid October? :)

Mercime
31-08-16, 18:07
Thanks for that Primula.

debs71
31-08-16, 20:21
I had a huge fear of epilsepy last year when I focuses on seizures I had as a baby. My mom has told me they were 24 years and doctors told her *if* they could return it would be during puberty.

I'm now more anxious about this again after filling medical form in and the epilsepy question. It wasn't epilepsy. A handful of seizures across period of a month ages 18 months. I'm 26. What's the likelihood?

I don't know your exact history, but I am doubting you actually had epileptic seizures.

It sounds like what you had were FEBRILE CONVULSIONS.

These are totally different to full blown epileptic seizures, happen in early childhood (toddler years so you were the age) and occur NOT because of epilepsy but because of an increased/high temperature.

I don't know what the doctor was on about to you, but a handful of convulsions across only a month sounds like febrile convulsions to me.

Whatever the case, you seem to have latched on to another worry.

My suggestion would be to focus on your anxiety, and not a highly unlikely scenario like this.