PDA

View Full Version : This is a classic tension headache... isn't it??

Mrschurchill
31-08-16, 17:11
So apart from the massive worry about my daughter - I've had a pretty solid headache since Friday evening. I'm not one for suffering from headaches, usually I take some painkillers and it's away within an hour. But this is completely different and it's constant! I've tried paracetomol, Ibroprufen, Decongestants, Tiger Balm, everything! And nothing is lifting it!

At first it was classic tension - Neck and shoulder sore, pain behind eyes etc. But since yesterday it feels like my nose is full of pressure? Almost sinus pain but have no runny nose or anything. At this exact moment I have a throbbing pain behind my left eye/brow and down the side of my nose and my cheek. My left shoulder is aching aswell.
*On Monday morning my left nostril was blocked but it cleared almost immediately*

Anyway, does this sound like classic Tension? I've booked in for massage tomorrow to see if it eases it.
I'm trying my darnest not to think of a BT - I really am!!!

Fishmanpa
31-08-16, 17:13
Yep... my wife has had one to two days. Some personal issues with her son on top of some hormonal things. She's stressed to the max and has a monster headache/migraine. Cold pack on the back of the neck and OTC pain meds is all you can do.

Positive thoughts

Mrschurchill
31-08-16, 17:36
It's a horrible feeling! Hoping a wee back neck and shoulder massage will help tomorrow. I feel so tense and uncomfortable!

brucealmighty
31-08-16, 17:41
there`s a very useful acupressure point on your hand if you open up your thumb and first finger to an `L` shape, where the joints meet in the squishy bit just squeeze gently with a thumb on top and finger below for 5 seconds while gently breathing out. it`s a classic chinese pain relief point and could help. just press hard enough to feel it firmly but not painfully.

also the points above your nose where your eyebrows start are good, again put a forefinger on each and sweep outwards following your brows as you breathe out.

may help, and it`s free if it doesn`t so best of luck and enjoy your massage

Mrschurchill
31-08-16, 17:52
I hate seeing a doctor but I don't know if I can handle much more of this!

Mrschurchill
01-09-16, 12:51
Massage was nice but didn't help much! Not so much head pain today just face and head pressure! Booo I wanna feel back to normal again!

BrokenAge
01-09-16, 22:25
When I'm really anxious I get them. Usually accompanied by lightheadedness and oh doesn't suck. I get the pain around my for head that goes around my eyes.

Mrschurchill
01-09-16, 22:34
It's knackering me out! It doesn't help that my job is sat at a desk for 8 hours a day either!

bibliophilic
01-09-16, 22:57
I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but could caffeine help? I get migraines with nausea, light sensitivity, pounding pain--the works, and the only thing that really takes it away is Excedrin, which I believe is acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine all mixed together. If I am in a bind, I can conversely try ibuprofen and a strong cup of coffee. Some people are triggered by caffeine and some people are helped by it, so I wasn't sure what your situation was with that. :) I do hope you feel better ASAP! I work staring at a computer for a lot of the day, and I know that these things are not a good mix with headaches!

Mrschurchill
02-09-16, 09:18
I've woken up with a chesty cough! Bet this is the start of a cold and why I've been feeling aches in my face!