PDA

View Full Version : I've had a headache for Months (worse when coughing etc)

CountryFog
31-08-16, 17:30
Hello everybody

I am new here and I have signed up because I am experiencing extremely anxiety due to some symptoms that I have been having.

My main symptom and concern is a headache that I have now had for the past 3 months. It is always in the exact same spot in my head (the back to one side) it is usually just a dull ache, some times it throbs, it is usually worse when I bend over, cough, sneeze or tilt my head - not always, but often.

I have been taking ibuprofen for this daily, but now I have stopped because I am paranoid about giving myself internal bleeding from too much ibuprofen.

Some times the headache can go away altogether (today is very odd, because it is coming and going constantly, it's there for an half an hour, and then gone for half an hour, then back again)

I am far too terrified to go to the Doctor, but I am extremely anxious now daily.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

xxx

saf138
31-08-16, 18:18
Hello
Do you suffer from any neck problems too? I suffered with headaches for a long period of time only to be told I had muscle tension built up in my neck due to bad posture when I had extreme anxiety that could also be the case with you considering you said it gets worse when you bend over or tilt your head. You even mentioned it sometimes go away than comes back and that alone is reassuring because if it was anything sinister it wouldn't come and go it would be constant. I suggest going to see a physio or a chiropractor I went to see one and after 3 sessions my headaches were gone.

Sparkling_Fairy
01-09-16, 00:39
I concur with the neck problem. I've suffered from migraines all my life. Just a thing I have to deal with.
But for the past 2 weeks, I had one every single day. And that's not normal. Until I felt it both behind my eye where it usually is, and at the back of my neck. When I felt around my neck, I noticed that when I pushed on a muscle I got the pain behind my eye.
My neck is really bad from bad posture and currently the muscles seem to form one giant knot. So I started massaging my neck and putting Voltarol gel on it, and I've been migraine free for 3 days now.
If it comes and goes, it could very well be your neck and the way you move it.
Try massaging it and applying some cream on it. It could do the trick

CountryFog
01-09-16, 20:57
Hiya:)

I don't have any neck pain at all, its all just head pain. All day the pain has been coming and going but right now it is particularly bad. Its an intense ache in one part of my head worse if I turn my head to the left.

I vowed not to take ibuprofen today because I'm worried but I have just taken 1 about 10 mins ago.

I badly want to see a doctor but I'm too scared.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Forgot to add....,the position of my headache has changed today too.....it'd more on top of my head now xx

Sparkling_Fairy
01-09-16, 23:21
Well, you don't necessarily have neck pain. I don't have neck pain. But that doesn't mean my neck isn't strained and causes the headaches.

Either way, I still have "regular" headaches most days too. My GP always puts it down to stress. Stress/anxiety can cause headaches and if you look on this forum, you'll see quite a lot of people suffer from daily headaches.

I'd also like to point out that there is such a thing as medication overuse headaches. Where if you take something every day, it starts causing your headaches.
I'm a bad example for that 'cause I take paracetamol almost every day. But I have suffered from medication overuse headaches in the past

CountryFog
01-09-16, 23:57
Well, you don't necessarily have neck pain. I don't have neck pain. But that doesn't mean my neck isn't strained and causes the headaches.

Either way, I still have "regular" headaches most days too. My GP always puts it down to stress. Stress/anxiety can cause headaches and if you look on this forum, you'll see quite a lot of people suffer from daily headaches.

I'd also like to point out that there is such a thing as medication overuse headaches. Where if you take something every day, it starts causing your headaches.
I'm a bad example for that 'cause I take paracetamol almost every day. But I have suffered from medication overuse headaches in the past

Hiya,

I am really sorry to hear that you are going through this too :hugs:

It's awful x

The ibuprofen I took earlier seems to have quashed 90% of the headache for now. And like you say, I can't help but wonder if too much Ibuprofen could be partially to blame for the recurring headache?

Earlier on I suddenly felt as if the room was spinning it was really horrible, I nearly had a panic attack but luckily did not :yesyes:

Right now I am extremely anxious about a stomach ache that has come on the past hour or so, feels like I have something pushing inside my stomach and I'm hot and sweaty too, so me being me, I'm worrying myself silly.

I am going to try to get some rest in a minute, and hopefully tomorrow the universe gives me a break,

Hope you feel better too soon, it's horrible I know how you're feeling x

Sparkling_Fairy
02-09-16, 13:19
Some people just suffer from daily headaches all their lives. I hope that's not the case for either you or me and it's just from stress.

It's tough to deal with it. I can't function properly on a headache