PDA

View Full Version : palps

sck
31-08-16, 18:50
Hi guys. I've got to grips with most of my anxiety symptoms but lately the most bothersome symptom is the palpitations. They come at some point every day and my heart flutters followed by a thud. When I get them I also feel pressure in stomach and lots of belching.
I should add I've had stress ecg, chest xray and echocardiogram. All normal. What is this and does anyone know how to stop it

Mrschurchill
31-08-16, 19:25
Heart flutters/Thuds are super common in anxiety and usually there is no real reason for them - some people feel them more than others do. I get the odd thud here and there and they are very frightening, but everything I have ever read on them advises they are perfectly benign and not a sign of a heart attack/impending doom! xx

sck
31-08-16, 19:31
Thanx for reply. Given the heart tests I've had done and the fact no doc has ever been concerned by them I ought to feel reassured. But my god they scare me. I've had them loads this week and wish they would go

Mrschurchill
31-08-16, 20:30
I know eh! I had an episode about 2 months ago maybe and literally thought I would drop dead at any moment. They are so scary! But aswell, I've had stress tests, 24hr ECG and all clear!
Now that that I'm pre-occupied with a Brain T fear they have disappeared! Typical anxiety! It's a pain in the behind!
You're not alone and they are super common xx

sck
31-08-16, 20:47
Oh I get it. I've been through every kind of cancer. The heart fear is stubborn though, its been around 8 months