PDA

View Full Version : Am I being crazy? Or....

Savvy_Darling
31-08-16, 21:08
I'm not sure if anyone else does this but when I'm obsessing over something on my body I will look at other people to see if they have something similar to help make me feel better. For example my longest running obsession which I have posted a lot about in the past is veins.. And seeing them bright blue through your skin. I've either became really aware of them or my veins are surfacing for some (I'm sure) life threatening reason. Well me and my boyfriend were talking to his uncle -who has cancer I might add.. (Partly the reason I think my anxiety of cancer got bad this past year) and I was doing my body analyzing thing and seen how you can see the veins in his arms and so basically now I'm convinced I have cancer because I can see my veins too and this must be the explanation and I'm trying not to freak out but I totally am. :( I wanna go to the doctor about this and I know they've been calling to do my yearly (even though I saw her like a few months ago) but I've been putting it off because it makes me really anxious but I'm really scared and I just feel like I can't talk to me anyone about this because they'll probably roll their eyes and just think it's me overreacting again but I'm genuinely upset and anxious about this and have got no one to help rationalized or at least talk to about this.
Definitely not googling anything about veins because I know what that will only do... I'm so overwhelmed with horrible thoughts. :weep::lac::scared15:

KatiePink
31-08-16, 21:14
I have just recently noticed that my veins on my thighs are very noticeable and bright blue which I'm sure I would have noticed before, I think alot of things can cause this. I am naturally very fair skinned and slim, I don't drink enough water(not sure if this could cause it)

I don't feel unwell though so I keep telling myself it's absolutely nothing to worry about as if it was I'd sure know about it x

Savvy_Darling
31-08-16, 21:45
Katie- yeah I have them noticeable on my legs too.. Like I've only noticed this this summer.. It's really made me insecure. I hope what can cause this is nothing bad.. I'm also fair skinned and not super skinny but not fat either.
I haven't felt unwell since noticing this either it's been a few monthes and I've done lots of physical activity and was fine. I wish I could tell myself it's fine but I look in the mirror or look at my body and I can't help but feel the anxiety and urge to start over analyzing my body. :(

KatiePink
31-08-16, 22:10
Katie- yeah I have them noticeable on my legs too.. Like I've only noticed this this summer.. It's really made me insecure. I hope what can cause this is nothing bad.. I'm also fair skinned and not super skinny but not fat either.
I haven't felt unwell since noticing this either it's been a few monthes and I've done lots of physical activity and was fine. I wish I could tell myself it's fine but I look in the mirror or look at my body and I can't help but feel the anxiety and urge to start over analyzing my body. :(

Yep I know how you feel, it's really hard, all we can do is keep trying keep applying everything we've learnt and keep reminding ourselves that we've been here before I suppose x

Traceypo
31-08-16, 22:23
My veins are not very prominent (I'm a nightmare to get blood from), my partners are very prominent and after you've mentioned it I've never noticed a child with noticeable veins.
No idea what any of the above means other than we're all different in some way, shape or form.
Xxx

Savvy_Darling
31-08-16, 22:42
Katie - have you ever went to a doctor and asked if it was normal or something to be worried about? I wish I could be as level headed about this as you! I just can't help to get so upset and worried about what could be causing this..

Tracey- I agree with you everybody is different for sure! But my only problem is that my veins haven't always been like this I'm sure.. At least not in some of these new places and that is what worries me. If it was like this my whole life I wouldn't be concerned but them being a new thing on my body is what causes the alarm and anxiety.

The worst and what started the vein fixation is how in my right arm the upper part like the muscle area on the inside I can see some really dark blue and light blue ones and when I look in the mirror I can see how it goes up to my shoulder.. My left arm isn't like that the veins are way harder to see. From there I just start to obsess over the ones in my chest and breasts and legs and so on... It just scares me and I hope there isn't anything wrong with me or like how in my original post about cancer like I don't know I'm just so tired of being scared of my veins but I'm so scared to ask the doctor.

Captain irrational
01-09-16, 17:46
I'm not sure if anyone else does this but when I'm obsessing over something on my body I will look at other people to see if they have something similar to help make me feel better. For example my longest running obsession which I have posted a lot about in the past is veins.. And seeing them bright blue through your skin. I've either became really aware of them or my veins are surfacing for some (I'm sure) life threatening reason. Well me and my boyfriend were talking to his uncle -who has cancer I might add.. (Partly the reason I think my anxiety of cancer got bad this past year) and I was doing my body analyzing thing and seen how you can see the veins in his arms and so basically now I'm convinced I have cancer because I can see my veins too and this must be the explanation and I'm trying not to freak out but I totally am. :( I wanna go to the doctor about this and I know they've been calling to do my yearly (even though I saw her like a few months ago) but I've been putting it off because it makes me really anxious but I'm really scared and I just feel like I can't talk to me anyone about this because they'll probably roll their eyes and just think it's me overreacting again but I'm genuinely upset and anxious about this and have got no one to help rationalized or at least talk to about this.
Definitely not googling anything about veins because I know what that will only do... I'm so overwhelmed with horrible thoughts. :weep::lac::scared15:

I have infact looked into this before as my own veins are pretty visible and it unerved me when I first noticed it. Everything I have read on the subject says that it is entirely normal. Some people's veins are just more visible, especially those with very pale skin, such as myself, and such as yourself. It's just part of our anatomy. And perhaps most importantly, it is NOT a sign of any health problems.

Traceypo
01-09-16, 18:28
I Googled (not recomm for most but I'm in a better place), from what I've read this happens as we get older as our skin thins out.
I also know that if we give something a lot of focus, we start to see things differently (I convinced myself one side or my neck was thicker than the other).
Xxx

Savvy_Darling
01-09-16, 18:57
Captain irrational- definitely a relief.. Maybe I just haven't gotten as much sun this summer as usual so I'm more pale than usual.. It just bothers me big time but maybe because it's a insecurity thing.

Tracey- I mean I'm only 22.. So I don't wanna know what my skin is going to look like in 20 year then!! Also funny thing about thin skin is that when I showed my mom she was like "we have thin skin in our family.. Ask your grandma she knows all about thin skin"
So maybe this is just a part of growing older? Even though I feel like 22 is still young. Also I noticed when I'm cold the veins fade aren't nearly as bad as when I'm hot or warm or start staring at them in the mirror.

I know I have googled it when I first noticed and didn't find anything especially since I don't feel any different.. It's just I have read on a random breast cancer forum from this one woman about tumors needing more blood flow this making veins more noticeable which is what got me started about cancer. But I never saw that on any health pages and you and captain irrational didn't find that on your googling so maybe it isn't a for sure thing. It just worried me how it wasn't the same on my left arm.. But maybe because I'm right handed I don't know..
I really appreciate your replies :)

KeeKee
01-09-16, 19:09
My 9 year old is very veiny, I am too but I'm quite confident I wasn't always this way. I'm 27 and noticed my veins around a year or two ago. I also have lots of spider veins compared to others my age.

Savvy_Darling
01-09-16, 20:27
Keekee - I feel the same way.. I know I haven't always been like this.. Some places yes but now how it is now. And I'm younger than you! I remember us talking about our spider vein dilemmas .. Luckily for you your doctor said all is well and nothing bad is the cause of it. And not only that but you noticed yours a year ago and your still okay and feeling fine so it must be nothing.. Like we talked about before I definitely am sure not being as active as we use to caused it.. Not sure if anxiety itself can be a cause but I've been making a point to be more active and have been the past few monthes it just when I get in a bad place I don't wanna workout because so feel so bad and nervous.
Maybe also thw struggles of being pale ? :(

Savvy_Darling
07-09-16, 21:20
Literally in the same place again guys. I feel awful but I feel like I have a hard time being around my boyfriends uncle (since he has stage 4 cancer) because it spikes my anxiety and I start worrying about cancer. Just like in my original post I was looking at his veins and how they're very similar to mine I started to feel myself get really nervous and I'm very convinced I have cancer now. The reason being is that the visible veins are from more blood being given to tumors. That's how my anxiety is convincing me and I've tried to ignore it but I can't help but look at my veins on my upper arms and chest /neck and I start feeling scared and I can't look at myself because I'm dying. I can't even talk to this to anyone so I'm posting here like I did before because I'm just so freaked out. I've got into an argument with my boyfriend because I'm sure my anxiety makes me more angry feeling and I just feel miserable. I just can't help but worry that my veins look like his because cancer. I can't convince myself it might be a coincidence because cancer is my biggest fear.. And he has it and I have something similar to him so it must be a cancer thing.. That's how my mind is playing out right now. It's horrible. :(