PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Alancja
31-08-16, 21:22
My name is Alan, I am 27 years old.

I have always had anxiety but the past 7 months have been awful. I am in therapy and on medication but not really seeing positive changes. I am diagnosed with Major Depression and Panic Disorder so it kinda sucks being me sometimes.

When I was feeling well I secured a 5 week volunteer/internship at a private estate on the Italian Riviera. Now, one and a half weeks from departure, I am a bit (to put it extremely lightly) apprehensive.

There are too many concerns I have to even articulate properly but I am scared of the travel and being in a foreign country.

Good luck to anyone else who is struggling with their anxiety! I feel like I am just surviving right now...

venusbluejeans
31-08-16, 21:27
Hiya Alancja and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
06-09-16, 16:29
Good morning Alan. Like yourself I suffer from anxiety issues. And even after years of living with it, I too get skittish when dealing with new places and situations. What I will tell you is, new things can be scary but what can be scarier is the idea of missing out on new things. This sounds like a great opportunity, and even though the traveling may ramp up the anxiety. The end goal sounds worth the temporary pain. Hope this helps, best to you Alan.