PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is taking over my life

Ljj44577
31-08-16, 23:13
Anxiety is starting to interfere with my life. I can't seem to have fun anymore. Sometimes, it feels like I'm trapped in this cage of anxiety that won't let me out. I really need this analogy. Having anxiety feels like I'm trapped in this dark tunnel with no where to turn to. Also, I suffer from an OCD problem. For the past few days, I've been having this huge concern on my mind. It is bothering me.

It feels like no matter what I do, it is never going away. But I want it to go away. I think my brain is wired to respond to anxiety in a bad way. To be honest, I don't handle anxiety very well. I've been looking on the Internet for ways to help, but nothing seems to help.

I'm looking into meditation, because it seems to be the only effective way to deal with anxiety.

I recently just went back to college. Now this anxiety may potentially affect my academic life. I really don't want it to.

Please help.

georgewing
01-09-16, 09:11
I know its hard but try as much as you can to avoid this thoughts about anxiety find nice things in your life and be greteful for them feel they joy hapiness etc .If all day you think at your anxiety and you feel bad about it then you will get more in your life .Read The power of subconstient mind by Joseph murphy and you will learn something interesting there

RVP
01-09-16, 16:04
Hi there!

The first thing you have to understand about anxiety is over thinking and the willingness to believe you are trapped in a tunnel with no where to run.

You mentioned you have started college - this is great for dealing with anxiety, but can also become a real problem with assignments and meeting deadlines if you let anxiety control you. Getting out of the house (college) meeting with friends and undertaking the things you love doing will aid in combating anxiety. It's not an overnight remedy, nothing ever is but taking your mind away from anxiety is the first and best way to deal with it.

Just like yourself, anxiety was overtaking my University life, especially in the first and second year. Then I went onto placement for a year which meant living out, working and having to do everything on my own. This really benefited me in dealing with my anxiety as I had no time to think about it and now rarely suffer from anxiety, when I do I have learnt how to control it by accepting it's just another "episode" and it'll pass.

Meditation is great, but giving yourself the time to "think" may not be the first best way of dealing with anxiety - best to keep yourself as busy as possible :) hope this helps.