PDA

View Full Version : Going to see new doctor - looking for advice!!

BrokenGirl
01-09-16, 12:43
A few of you might know i've been on here lately worrying about a few different things. Anyway, my usual doctor who was really nice left a few months ago and I don't like the other doctor there. She's abrupt and has no time for my HA. There is a new doctor there now and I was in with her a few weeks ago with my daughter. She was really nice, friendly and easy to talk to. So I've made an appointment to see her tomorrow. I'm just a bit concerned that she is fairly young and inexperienced. I would say she is just out of college, this might even be her first job. I don't want to come across as anything bad here - I totally realise that everyone's career has to start somewhere. What I'm trying to ask here is can I put as much trust in a new doctor compared to one who has 10 or 20 years experience behind them. Or is this the HA voice in my head trying to convince me before I even talk to her that she might miss something.........
Anyone have any experience with new, young doctors??

ServerError
01-09-16, 13:00
My doctor is very young and has not been practicing long. Since needing treatment for my mental health condition, I've encountered junior doctors in their 20s, trainee doctors in GP surgeries, trainee nurses and inexperienced mental health professionals.

I have no complaints. They've all been professional and they've all known their stuff as far as I could tell. It's true that those with more experience have more knowledge to fall back on. That's true in any career. But a fully qualified doctor is a fully qualified doctor.

smiles
01-09-16, 14:40
To be really honest I find newly qualified Drs far better!! They have been taught the latest and most up to date treatments, and if there is anything they are not sure about they are uber careful about getting the right information!!
Good luck x

Mrschurchill
01-09-16, 15:01
I think sometimes older doctors can be set in their ways in the sense that they have seen it all before and probably know it's nothing... younger doctors are maybe more curious and probably want to get to the bottom of what you're feeling!

BrokenGirl
01-09-16, 17:17
Thanks for the replies. It's made me feel a bit more comfortable going in to see her tomorrow. I just hope she tells me what I want to hear now - and at the moment I'm not so sure she will :weep:
I should have called myself Miss Pessimistic lol