PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded - just anxiety?

helenhoo
01-09-16, 12:57
So sorry for posting again.

I get to the point of realisation and calming self down and then I have a symptom and panic again. I'm still worrying about the lightheaded dizzy feeling. It wasn't here yesterday and Monday was more of a tension headache. Of course I worry brain tumour and I don't mean to offend anyone who knows someone with this. Part of me wants to go running to the doctors but another part doesn't. I can walk straight line, balance, Romberg is fine (slight sway but always have) I feel tiny bit congested and shoulders are tense but this feeling is hard to describe. Almost like I've had a shot of sambuca.

Brain tumour dizziness is quite severe isn't it?

ServerError
01-09-16, 13:03

No, they're a walk in the park. My grandad had a blast with his brain tumour.

Sorry... But seriously, how do you go about seeking help for a psychological condition in South Korea? Do you know?

Colicab85
01-09-16, 13:32
Yeah...to look at me I look totally normal, apart from being 6 foot 6 and my hideous face :(, but from the outside I am walking normal and no issues but inside i feel dizzy and "weird".

Anxiety, all day long

Gary A
01-09-16, 14:26
So sorry for posting again.

I get to the point of realisation and calming self down and then I have a symptom and panic again. I'm still worrying about the lightheaded dizzy feeling. It wasn't here yesterday and Monday was more of a tension headache. Of course I worry brain tumour and I don't mean to offend anyone who knows someone with this. Part of me wants to go running to the doctors but another part doesn't. I can walk straight line, balance, Romberg is fine (slight sway but always have) I feel tiny bit congested and shoulders are tense but this feeling is hard to describe. Almost like I've had a shot of sambuca.

To the point you couldn't walk, yes.

You know that though, you just can't resist another thread and another round of questioning, no matter how pointless the whole thing is.

South Korea, when is it and what do you plan on doing to tackle your anxiety when you get there?

Stop ignoring these questions.

skymaid
01-09-16, 14:46
Helen you're gonna get random symptoms your whole life. I do. Everyone does. And more so as you get older hence the phrase "aches and pains". There's no point anyone reassuring you about each one.

You're making yourself miserable worrying about every last one. Trying to get reassuring on here is actually feeding your fear (like me with emetephobia constantly asking my wife if the food is cooked properly. she gets annoyed with it after a while, and it doesn't help me anyway and just feeds my phobia. So i stopped it).

You're not helping yourself by asking for reassurance although i can completely understand why you're doing it. Try to hold off for as long as you can. And try and increase the time each time to manage it. Treat yourself to something if you manage it for a few days etc. And of course try and distract yourself with life as best you can.

helenhoo
01-09-16, 17:42
Thanks for your comments.