PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

helenhoo
02-09-16, 08:23
For the past three weeks I've had the worst sleep. It got better last weekend and then I was back to poor sleep again. I either can't sleep straight away or I wake in the night for an hour. I usually toss and turn but since this I panic that I won't get back to sleep. I tried a glass of wine before bed as my mom said that helps (other internet sites say to avoid ha) I've been eating late I guess, been worrying too. It just seems like endless cycle of no sleep and worry and worry about no sleep. I can function on 5 hours, that's typical for me. And I don't seem to be any less productive or more tired in the day since this sleep issue either

Just after advice (I've tried the breathing thing - think it may have helped last night)

Hopefulmi
02-09-16, 11:21
Try looking up 'sleep hygiene'. Try a warm bath with candles and hot milky drinks. Mindfulness exercises might work too xx

nomorepanic
02-09-16, 11:45
Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49569

helenhoo
02-09-16, 12:19
Thanks.

It's definitely worse the more I think of it.

I usually toss and turn but when I do now I am awake and that's it. My sister woke me yesterday and I avoided looking at the time but caved and it was later/earlier than I thought. I thought I'd only just gone to sleep!

helenhoo
03-09-16, 09:14
stayed at female friends last night and we shared a bed, why is it that i slept well (normal). When I was at my boyfrienda last weekend I slept fine too. Is it a case that I'm a needy :shrug:

I still toss and turn but instead of panic when I find myself half awake I let myself ease back into sleep like any normal person would.