PDA

View Full Version : Sick of itching now, going round in circles

Hopefulmi
02-09-16, 10:03
Back to classic HA. Not sure if I'm itching because I was too hot and now I've started to zone in on it or wether the itch is real. GP has ordered blood tests but don't get them taken until Thursday. The itch seems superficial so not sure if I'm in the itch-scratch cycle and it's not the type where you need to dig but still stressing about lymphoma, leukaemia and liver disease. He gave me antihistamines but they aren't working and I'm on day 3 now.

So sick of HA now it just ruins lives and people don't understand how scared it makes us feel

unsure_about_this
02-09-16, 10:18
Hi

I always jump to the worst thing it could be (try not to Google) I have done the crime in the past of Googling and have been a nervous wreak about 200 types of cancers, still I am very worried about the big c word with each symptom, mark etc

It could be something simple like an allergy or could be something like the washing powder or soap you use, I tend to get the odd itch and have to change soap.

smiles
02-09-16, 10:23
I have been itching loads recently, I also began to fear the worse... It turns out I got nits from my 6 year old!!! Eugh.
Itching alone is not an indication of cancer in any form, it is however an indication that you are irritated by washing powder shampoo etc!
Try a bath with a tablespoon or so of bicarbonate of soda
X x x

Hopefulmi
02-09-16, 10:26
That's initially what I thought but with no rash and the Zyrtec not working it just makes me suspicious. It could be because I'm thinking about it I guess but even when I try to relax it is there

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

I have been itching loads recently, I also began to fear the worse... It turns out I got nits from my 6 year old!!! Eugh.
Itching alone is not an indication of cancer in any form, it is however an indication that you are irritated by washing powder shampoo etc!
Try a bath with a tablespoon or so of bicarbonate of soda
X x x

I did consider this but my son doesn't have nits and the itch isn't as much my head as elsewhere. I haven't used anything different on my skin either but my skin is quite prone to conditions. Definitely no rash though

KeeKee
02-09-16, 10:37
I'm a very itchy person, i also have no rash but my skin definitely gets irritated easily as soon as I go in the bath (plain water) my legs go itchy as an example

Hopefulmi
02-09-16, 10:42
I'm a very itchy person, i also have no rash but my skin definitely gets irritated easily as soon as I go in the bath (plain water) my legs go itchy as an example

Have you always been like that or did it just start? I know it's been warmer lately and then once you get into the itch scratch cycle it's hard especially if you think about being itchy. It's not waking me up or anything and there are times when it isn't there I don't think, for example if I am teaching

KeeKee
02-09-16, 11:10
Have you always been like that or did it just start? I know it's been warmer lately and then once you get into the itch scratch cycle it's hard especially if you think about being itchy. It's not waking me up or anything and there are times when it isn't there I don't think, for example if I am teaching

I haven't always been this way but I can't say how long I have. It's definitely worse this past year though

Hopefulmi
02-09-16, 11:15
Hopefully it is the same for me then! I haven't been losing weight or unnaturally tired or anything. No other symptoms that i have noticed

MyNameIsTerry
02-09-16, 15:03
My mum gets itching due to her blood pressure meds. She uses antihistamines (non drowsy), with Loratadine in, but she finds Cetraben cream works the best. It's very expensive in some places though, 500g for about £9 is good (I get them cheaper on Ebay though).

She has also used Balneum in the bath, I'm not sure in that's prescription only though. Even topical corticosteroids in worse flare ups with inflammation.

So, there is plenty your GP can try. In flare ups hers makes it difficult to sleep as it's constant, so with you being able to take your mind off it it's good their is some respite from it.

Cancer is just the HA talking, it's going to be something else and treatable so I hope your GP gets to the bottom of it for you soon.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

My skin has always been tricky and I has plenty of Eczema as a child. I find showers dry my skin straight out. Perhaps you need a bath soak that helps the skin? Or to apply something to pull the moisture back in when you get out?