PDA

View Full Version : Tension headache?

jimmyj
02-09-16, 17:37
I have a headache for about two weeks like a band round my head ,does it ever go away?? Anyone had similiar please?

lotusblossom
02-09-16, 21:20
yep I get that often they come in clusters then go and replaced by something else

jimmyj
02-09-16, 21:41
So are they like tension headaches then?

lucy216
02-09-16, 22:25
Yes-- currently suffering from that right now.... taking ibuprofen usually helps or taking a relaxing bath with de-stressing bubble bath helps me (lol)....

georgewing
03-09-16, 05:54
I was had this type of headache and also by taking ibuprofen helps and relaxing me a lot and thinking at something nice

jimmyj
03-09-16, 08:37
Does it normally last this long though had it about 2 weeks plus?

lucy216
04-09-16, 14:02
Yes I think so. Especially during a time of high anxiety. I attribute my headaches to lack of sleep, new dose of an SSRI, and my anxiety causes me SO much tension. The less you worry about the headache, the more it goes away- I know that's easier said than done. Hoping you feel better soon!

skymaid
04-09-16, 14:14
yep I get that often they come in clusters then go and replaced by something else

yep sometimes a painful bound round my head is the "symptom of the day" for me too. The next day is usually back to one of the others.. dizziness, heart pounds, weird stomach or tight throat. The wonderful carousel of symptoms.

swgrl09
04-09-16, 14:40
Yes, definitely tension headaches. I find ice on my neck/base of my head for 15 mins on, 45 off, helps a bit.

tamo
05-09-16, 06:37
I was bothered with this type of headache . I found some exercises on you tube and started doing these . The headaches were gone in days and never came back . You can do these exercises sitting down or standing . Apparently tension type headaches are caused by tight muscles around shoulders ,neck area . These exercises are aimed at loosening the muscles .

Ultimatejourney
05-09-16, 06:50
Getting/changing your glasses can help with these too I believe, as well as taking regular breaks from eye-straining activities.
I get these all the time so I don't even bother worrying about them anymore.
Mine usually tend to just give me mild discomfort though?

jimmyj
13-09-16, 12:09
Thanks do these headaches eventually go ,I seem to have had it for ages

jimmyj
19-09-16, 11:50
Still have headache mainly around nose yes now,going on over a month do they subside ,anyone with similar stories ?

jimmyj
28-09-16, 09:03
Had tension headaches for over a month daily ,been reading stories of chronic or daily persistant ones that never go away and are for life ! Is this just me being anxious and making it worse ?