PDA

View Full Version : Constantly feel like I'm at work all the time

phil06
03-09-16, 00:43
I only work 24 hours over 4 days but feel I'm working all the time and it's too much. Anybody else feel like this about work? I struggle to zone out and relax during the week after I come home from work and time flies and I seem to be back in again and the actual shifts drag by..:ohmy:

georgewing
03-09-16, 05:53
Well sometimes our working environment its very stresful and we can feel that we work all time .Try also to combine with your time with some exercise or meditation and go somwhere where you feel good you feel happy this will help your body to release stress and tension from your life

Phuzella
03-09-16, 06:55
Yeah I know what you mean Phil. Mindfulness would be helpful for this. Living in the moment. Not always easy but give it a go?

PunkyFish
03-09-16, 13:40
I only work 24 hours over 4 days but feel I'm working all the time and it's too much. Anybody else feel like this about work? I struggle to zone out and relax during the week after I come home from work and time flies and I seem to be back in again and the actual shifts drag by..:ohmy:

Hi :)

I know exactly how you feel. I work full time in an office environment and look forward to Friday ever week so I can finish work for the weekend (as I don't work on the weekend). However as soon as I finish work on a Friday I find myself worrying about going back to work on the Monday! It's like a vicious circle and before I know it I'm sitting back in my office in work Monday morning looking forward to Friday! The reason why I worry about work is because I hate my job and I struggle to cope there so for me it's more of a need about changing jobs.

However do you find yourself worrying because your shift drags? I try to keep as busy in work as possible as this stops me from clock watching and helps the day go a little bit quicker. If it's a case that you don't like your job then maybe look for something new? :)