PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety spiralled out of control into depersonalisation.

ryanla
03-09-16, 10:39
Hello all,
Sorry for the long post...

I'm 25 years old. Around 6-7 years ago I first got anxiety/ panic attacks, however after 2-3 months I managed to get back to an ordinary life with the help of Dosulepin (75mg). Since that day I have worried about things but never to the stage where it's overly affected my everyday life. Since then I have gone down to 50mg per night.

During the last year I attended university. I did well, I got good grades. Despite some stress before exams I enjoyed it. Whilst doing this I worked part time at the weekend. I have the perfect girlfriend. So life was all good and I was happy with everything I had.

Just as I finished my exams I got a serious pain in my back (later turning out to be my pelvis muscles.) This started to get me down as I was not able to fulfil the tasks I enjoyed, nor could I go to work. This is where I feel the anxiety really started to kick in. After a month of seeing a chiropractor the pain started to go. So a week before my holiday I should have been really happy. However I then started to feel the need to urinate every 30minutes. I did get checked for infections to be on the safe side but I was fairly confident this was a physiological thing.

The day before I was due to fly I was externally anxious. Petrified, despite flying 6 months ago (I wasn't too bad then). So I had an alright time on holiday worrying every day for an hour or two. But it then subsided. I flew home feeing less anxious than flying there. I landed back in England and I was relieved and so happy to be home...

However, the last 2-3 days I've been question reality, the world, life, death to the extent it has got me depressed and feeing the symptoms of depersonalisation. I'm struggling to enjoy the things I used to love. I have also have the constant feeling of being lightheaded and that my brain and my eyes aren't properly connected?

Has anyone experienced similar and have any advice? I've cut out caffeine, I'm eating healthy, taking B vitamins (I'm vegeterian) and exercising as much as I can?