PDA

View Full Version : Vision normal?

helenhoo
03-09-16, 16:18
I'm able to blur my own vision, as I'm sure most of us can. But is stating blankly at a phone and vision going out of focus the same thing? I've tied over and over and I can bring it back myself normally.

NancyW
03-09-16, 16:32
Helen/Reb...I asked you this before but of course got no answer.

Would you consider getting out and volunteering in your community helping those less fortunate then you?

A church?
A nursing home?
A pet rescue?

Get involved helping to make a positive difference for someone or something.

brucealmighty
03-09-16, 17:25
excellent advice Nancy, looking outside of yourself and seeing people in genuine need can often produce a shift in perspective, even starting a long term recovery in some cases.

Phuzella
03-09-16, 19:03
Definitely. You have to look outwards

Mojo61
03-09-16, 19:19
I started volunteering at Age UK which is a charity here in the UK running day centres for elderly people in the local area. It has helped me so much because it gives me something to get up for in the mornings and I don't have time to think about my anxiety whilst I'm there because we are so busy. I meet so many lovely senior citizens, and the always have a smile on their face and a kind word for me when I see them. A lot of them live in social housing and don't have money and in some cases their families don't want to know either, but they are always happy and grateful for what they have.

Get out there, do something to help others because it will really humble you and make you realise just how lucky you are!

jenni89
03-09-16, 19:23
Totally normal. I did it just now while reading your post and I can make it happen on command lol

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Sometimes when I am deeply thinking about something and just spacing off it will happen but like you said, I can make it go back to normal when I snap out of it. Totally normal.

Smirk
03-09-16, 21:56
I'm able to blur my own vision, as I'm sure most of us can. But is stating blankly at a phone and vision going out of focus the same thing? I've tied over and over and I can bring it back myself normally.

This is fine and as you said can be done on demand and especially when staring blankly. It has something to do with your eyes being relaxed I believe.

Eye issues would more or less be constant not just when staring at things. So try and relax a little :yesyes:

helenhoo
06-09-16, 18:41
Thank you

helenhoo
06-09-16, 20:30
I had eyes checked about 6 weeks ago and they were healthy.

I mean I'm able to blur and bring my vision back on demand.

Elen
06-09-16, 20:52
How did you get on with your phone consultation Reb?