PDA

View Full Version : Would low iron explain all this??

misslove
03-09-16, 18:08
I start to feel shaky and dizzy/lightheaded. Then my legs feel like they want to run and run by the rest of me is exhausted. I generally feel blah. My heart races. I've tried to eat sugar thinking it was low blood sugar but it never helps. When I feel best is after dinnee( we always have meat and veggies for dinner) should I get some daily vitamins and try to treat low iron? I really can't afford to go to a dr. Our insurance is terrible and we pay most of the costs. I just want to sleep but after eating meat I feel loads better.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Oh I should note that I have been tested before and had low iron when I was pregnant and they ot me on iron pills 7 years ago. And I always feel the worst AFTER my period. Then it gets slightly better before my next one.

bartin
03-09-16, 18:48
It is true that meat is high in iron. But, if you were having iron deficiency, a small amount of iron in a single meat meal would do almost nothing for your blood iron levels. It usually takes months of taking iron supplements to start feel better in iron deficiency. That's my reasoning and I have studied this a bit.

OK; I've read the rest of your post. If you think, it could be iron deficiency, you may want to get iron supplements rather than some multivitamins, in which there is only little iron.

Also check for lists of foods high in iron and which supplements are most effective (http://www.nutrientsreview.com/minerals/iron.html)

Are you bloated and burp excessively? This occurs in H. pylori infection of the stomach, which can cause iron deficiency.

misslove
03-09-16, 18:54
I think I'm going to call my Obgyn Monday to see if she will write me a script for iron pills without seeing me.

Leah88
04-09-16, 09:48
Yep, before I started taking supplements I always had a racing heart and felt
Achey too.... Insufficient blood flow from low iron can definetly cause lots of
Weird sensations.

misslove
06-09-16, 04:46
Today I went to the pharmacy and got some prenatal vitamins that are high in iron and I'm going to give them a week to see if it makes a difference. We plan to have a baby soon and my dr told me to take them so might as well!