PDA

View Full Version : Feeling totally disappointed

hypo666
03-09-16, 18:19
Hi ,I have been diagnosed with GAD, Ptsd and now apparently I have BPD traits on top of that. I have got myself into a right state recently with my anxiety and the feelings I get at night in particular make me feel Iam being crushed/suffocated, I do feel extremely lonely having no famiyl .None want to know I think because of the BPD part of things.

It cause me to take an overdose recently the anxiety did. and I seriously burnt my bridges with the mental health team I think.They haven't dropped me but I think have me down as an attention seeker, manipulative etc etc. This is why I really wanted the lyrica to work for me.

Get my anxiety under control, so I didn't do stupid stuff like get ideas in my head to go to far away places from my home because of a need to escape the anxiety and think Iam better off dead,. Because Iam rapidly destroying my life. Whats left of it anyway.

I have been on lyrica for two weeks, and all it has done has caused me to lack energy and become even more reclusive, which is some feat as I seem to have no energy at all !, the anxiety is no better and Iam making yet more suicide plans.The latest one is to renact a modern day witch trial. I had to tell my care coordinator about the plan really they are trying to help me so I think it wrong to lie I feel like Iam cheating them by lying , but as I told the truth they now no doubt think iam even more of an attention seeker. So she has made an appointment on the day Iam going away figuring this will stop me , I really hate the position this puts people in, I truly despise it, but the anxiety just causes me to do this.

I realise how this makes me look at one level,, and I wish I could stop myself. So as the lyrica doesn't seem to be working , I think this is just me, and I cant live like this. Iam getting some side effects, bloating, constipation, possible weight gain, I say possible as I look at side effects and feel fatter and bloated even if Iam not. I cant weigh myself to check because if I see I ahve put in weight I will get into a right state. The constipation is real though. But maybe my lifestyle right now doesn't help as Iam staying in doors all day, and just eating one meal a day ,a takeaway. My appetite is still rubbish, struggle keep food down, Iam not sleeping better yet either. Though I have noticed Iam not checking the front door lock as much.,I was checking it at least 40 times at night, now it's down to twice.

The psychiatrist did put me on a low dose 100mg's a day, because of my worries about side effects. I did ask the care coordinator about putting the dose up, as I don't feel any different, but she said to give it more time.

swgrl09
03-09-16, 18:53
Well first - it is a good thing you told your care coordinator about your suicidal plan. They need to know how poorly you are feeling and what you are really dealing with on a day to day basis in order to help you. It sounds like you have a lot of insight about the BPD too, which is really great.

Are you doing any therapy in addition to medications? DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) is a really good therapy program for BPD. It was actually created by somebody who had BPD herself. It will give you the right skills to cope with those really painful emotions in a healthy way and rationalize your thoughts out.