PDA

View Full Version : ROCD: does it feel this real for anyone else? Success stories? No feelings? Help :'(

nikica
03-09-16, 21:43
Hi guys!

Can OCD change your perceptions of your partner? I genuinely feel annoyed when I'm with him and like I don't like him at all anymore and like I'm not attracted to him and I see all his flaws and don't feel in love. It kills me. I have all the symptoms of rocd but unlike a lot of people, I don't feel like I KNOW that I love him. Does that mean it's not rocd?

I read some article where people were commenting that if you doubt it you don't love him. I started worrying that rocd wasn't even a real thing and that everyone is just in denial- I haven't even heard any success stories!! Does anyone have them?

Does it feel this REAL for anyone else?

nikica
14-09-16, 17:12
Anyone? :(

SLA
14-09-16, 18:02
Can you remember a time when you were in love, and what that felt like?

Intrusive thoughts about relationships, and love should be distressing, because you know deep down that you do love that person.

If the thoughts you are having don't go against the core belief that you still do love this person, then you may have just fallen out of love?

Either way, it's not nice, and I'm sorry.

Girl18
19-09-16, 20:53
My experience with ROCD is that it's really unpleasant. Yes, it can cause you to 'change' your perception of your partner but those feelings are not real. If you're obsessing over your feelings, then yes it is very much OCD. Stop over analyzing your feelings, let them be. Try not to let the comment above spike you, because it may, by the way.

MyNameIsTerry
26-09-16, 06:17
My experience with ROCD is that it's really unpleasant. Yes, it can cause you to 'change' your perception of your partner but those feelings are not real. If you're obsessing over your feelings, then yes it is very much OCD. Stop over analyzing your feelings, let them be. Try not to let the comment above spike you, because it may, by the way.

I support this and can tell you I've read and spoken to plenty of OCD sufferers who have had this, including Girl18.

This is what OCD UK say about this:

https://ocduk.org/types-ocd

Relationship Intrusive Thoughts - Obsessive doubts over the suitability of a relationship, one’s partner or one's own sexuality are the main focus for the obsessional thoughts. Obsessional thoughts include:

- Constantly analysing the depth of feelings for one's partner, placing the partner and the relationship under a microscope and finding fault.
- Constantly needing to seek reassurance and approval from one's partner.
- Doubts that one's partner is being faithful.
- Doubts that one may cheat on their partner.
- Questioning one’s own sexuality, and having feelings, thoughts and impulses about being attracted to members of the same sex.

The constant analysing and questioning of the relationship and partner often places immense strain on the relationship and the result is a person with OCD will often end the relationship to rid themselves of the doubt and anxiety, which is usually often repeated with any subsequent* relationship.