PDA

View Full Version : do some people just not get on with....

Wilburis
25-03-07, 18:12
Hi

Ive tried taking Nortriptyline and Lofepramine (both tricyclic antidepressants) and each time on them Ive had really bad headaches and constant dizziness.

Do you think some people just cant tolerate these meds?

Would a SSRI be better for anxiety. I cant go out the house as I feel really dizzy and want to pass out. Getting very anxious about tomorrow, my other half has brought our daughter to school for the past 2 weeks and now he goes back to work tomorrow. Also, I cant bear to be by myself at any time.

Had to go to hospital last night, spoke to emergency Doc and told him about meds and that I had a sore throat and he told me to come in for a blood test as sometimes, very rarely, Lofepramine can cause blood disorders and a sore throat is a symptom.

I had to have my second ECG in a week as my heart was racing. It came back as fine (again). I am really getting scared about taking meds with all the side effects. Would anyone know of anything else I can take. Rescue remedy doesnt work for me, only Diazepam!!

Thanks - Liz xx

yorkylover
25-03-07, 18:24
How long have you been on them,sometimes the side affects go off after a while.Could be you are not suited to them if you have been on them a while.You are probably getting your self all worked up about hubby going back to work making your anxiety worse.Im sure it will all settle down pet.:)