PDA

View Full Version : erythroplakia/ oral cancer at 20?!!

Smirk
03-09-16, 23:12
Hi everyone, new here but not new to ha as I've had it over a year now and I'm 20 years old. I experience on and off massive amounts of irrationality and fear with certain diseases.

For the past 9 weeks it's been oral cancer.
I have pictures which I'll try and share on here for more of an idea.

In essence I have (what appears to be) a red patch on the inside of my right cheek. It gets bigger and smaller and fades on a near day to day basis. The area ends up with blood speckles easily if I eat crisps or hard foods like that which has me worried. I can't find any benign issues for a red painless patch like I have. It all points to erythroplakia or cancer and I'm worried sick. I noticed it late June and it's still there.

I don't know what could cause this as trauma is listed as white everywhere and I can't find a picture like mine. Anyone had anything similar? The ridges are rougher than the middle which is weird.

MOUTH PICTURES

About 5 weeks ago.

http://m.imgur.com/wQqNkFU

About 3 weeks ago

http://m.imgur.com/dIFfKjg

About a week ago

http://imgur.com/tWglxYS

Today

http://m.imgur.com/ZH3vmjY

Important info

For a long diatribe of reasons I can't get to a dentist for at least 3 weeks. I'm mainly worrying if this is something dire looking or if anyone else has had it before. Like I said I'm new to this lovely site but not to these sites in general so go easy on me.

Love u all :hugs:

KeeKee
03-09-16, 23:15
I'm not sure what it could be but I'm quite sure if it was anything sinister it wouldn't be coming and going.

Is there any chance it could be friction from your teeth? Do you lie on that side more in bed etc?

Smirk
03-09-16, 23:22
I'm not sure what it could be but I'm quite sure if it was anything sinister it wouldn't be coming and going.

Is there any chance it could be friction from your teeth? Do you lie on that side more in bed etc?

I want it to be friction so badly. I mean is it possible for there to be friction even though my teeth aren't sharp in that area? As for sleep I ALWAYS sleep on my side. I can't say what side I prefer , I toss and turn a lot and can defo say I sleep on that side a lot. But that being said it seems to ease up in the mornings and gets worse the later on in the day.

I'm just so lost in my mind with 100 thoughts a second on being disgnosed with oral cancer at 20 :ohmy:

Fishmanpa
03-09-16, 23:22
I'm a Stage IV oral cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

Smirk
03-09-16, 23:37
I mean... I'm not imagining it when I see in one of those photos it's rather faded right? I'm not imagining that am I?

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

I'm a Stage IV oral cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

I'm so sorry if I have bought you any disrespect by posting this, you truly are the warrior , and a million well dones for overcoming such adversity!

It just seems that wherever I look erythroplakia comes up. And I'm not imaging it when in one of those photos it goes away am i? Sometimes I feel as though a fresh pair of eyes helps me millions.

I say it comes and goes but it's never "gone" I just want to see if the photos I provided display that or if I'm going nuts and it's just getting worse.

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I can't see a picture of what I have anywhere either :/

Fishmanpa
03-09-16, 23:51
It just seems that wherever I look erythroplakia comes up.

Dr. Google is not a real life doctor! I don't even need to look at your pics (and no one can even guess anyway) to know it's not sinister.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
03-09-16, 23:56
A question that keeps popping up when I see your post about this on anxiety zone is...

Why do you know what erythroplakia is and are you qualified to diagnose it?

smiles
04-09-16, 01:01
Looks like you have been teeth grinding in your sleep, caused by stress, and champing on your cheek, you are overthinking this, see your gp about anxiety. There is help out there.
You should not be this anxious at your age... At any age really!!!

Smirk
04-09-16, 09:18
A question that keeps popping up when I see your post about this on anxiety zone is...

Why do you know what erythroplakia is and are you qualified to diagnose it?

I know what it is because it the thing that is plastered everywhere when I see if a red patch is benign. literally everywhere. Usually I'd find something benign come up and put it to rest but in this instance I really can't.

Especially given its lasted a few months. And good detective work :/

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Dr. Google is not a real life doctor! I don't even need to look at your pics (and no one can even guess anyway) to know it's not sinister.

Positive thoughts

I'm fully aware that I can't be diagnosed , a fresh pair of eyes help me greatly because sometimes I go nuts and see things that aren't there. Or people can confirm I'm not nuts. For example I'm slightly colourblind so I have trouble distinguishing shades so to me that looks bright velvety red but Idk if it does or not. Stuff like that.

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Looks like you have been teeth grinding in your sleep, caused by stress, and champing on your cheek, you are overthinking this, see your gp about anxiety. There is help out there.
You should not be this anxious at your age... At any age really!!!

Think this could last months? It's just that I've bitten my other cheek and nothing like this happened and it took only a few days to heal. Plus whenever I look at trauma related stuff caller keratosis they all say it appears white. But I'm guessing that would be after a while.

smiles
04-09-16, 10:35
My friend has to wear a gum shield in bed, she has been doing it for years!!

Smirk
04-09-16, 14:18
My friend has to wear a gum shield in bed, she has been doing it for years!!

Damn, though doesn't teeth grinding cause pain of some description? My mark is painless , and looks red but apparently trauma is white , I assume this is over a long time though.

Sorry if I seem to be ignoring you :(

Fishmanpa
04-09-16, 15:11
Do you see yourself almost arguing that it's something serious? People are offering reassurance and you're coming back with the "what ifs".

I'm not one for reassurance because as your thread illustrates, it doesn't work. If you're that concerned, see a dentist/doctor and when you get the all clear, ask about a referrals for your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

unsure_about_this
04-09-16, 16:34
Even though I have bad health anxiety would have to agree with Fishmanpa

Smirk
04-09-16, 16:55
You are right I do seem to argue it, I'm sorry I don't intend it as such, believe me :( reassurances do work for me in most instances . I think most of all I grasp onto hearing if anyone experiences anything similar. it just scares me so much that this bright red thing is in my gob

Cfc88
02-06-18, 00:42
Hey Man,

Did you ever get that spot checked out by your dentist? Just curious because I have the exact same spot in mine...