PDA

View Full Version : Worse At Weekends?

samtheman
25-03-07, 18:15
During the week i'm fine, I get up go to work, come home happy, not that I like my job, because it gives me a sence of worth so to speak.

My anxiety always comes back at the weekends, probably because I have so much time on my hands, I don't go out at the weekends (Well apart from visiting my parents) I've no hobbies or anything, infact I've little interest in anything. TV's always crap ect

Anyone else find weekends a nightmare? Odd thing is when I'm at work all I want to do is go home.

yorkylover
25-03-07, 18:20
I think it is probably because you have more time on your hands and you tend to think alot more.You need to find something to keep you busy and occupied.:)

samtheman
25-03-07, 18:22
I think it is probably because you have more time on your hands and you tend to think alot more.You need to find something to keep you busy and occupied.:)

I think your right. But you ever get that can't be bothered feeling??

yorkylover
25-03-07, 18:26
Yep all the time:lac: but sometimes I really have to push myself.:)

samtheman
25-03-07, 18:28
Yep. Then on Monday I feel guilty as I wasted my weekend doing absolutly nothing apart from sit on the net

ailsajayne26
27-03-07, 14:20
I used to be the same... would be on my own almost all of the weekend most of the year.... didn't connect the fact that I would end up at the mergency docs most wkends with this chest pain or breathing or diazziness... or whatever!! Since moving back to my home town I never really spend wkend time alone... and now I find I only really suffer during the wk at work!

Not that I'm suggesting you should move or anything but being busy and not having time alone to feel lonely and end of feeling anxious might well work for you too

Jenny
27-03-07, 15:22
Hi,

I am worse at week-ends because I feel that I have to go somewhere, or do something different, because my husband is at home, and I have to make the effort for him. The more I think about it the worse I am. Sometimes on a Friday night he will say, 'We don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to, so don't beat yourself up about it, there is no pressure.'

Jenny xxx