PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

lucy216
04-09-16, 07:55
Any time I try and sleep I get extreme anxiety-- anyone have any tips on how to calm myself down before bed / stay asleep ? Right now hearts pounding and my body's tense....haven't slept fully in 3 days :(

Shazamataz
04-09-16, 08:16
I've had major sleep issues as well. What works best with me and is usually against all advice on sleep hygiene is I snuggle in bed and watch TV on my tablet, the more interesting the programme the more likely I am to fall asleep and it just stops after one show as opposed to having the actual TV on. I find it distracting from any thoughts about how I am feeling.

Alternatively I have my bedside alarm radio set so I can turn the radio on and it turns itself off after an hour. I almost always fall asleep within that time listening to talkback, not music.

lucy216
04-09-16, 08:20
I feel super dizzy and my muscles keep twitching. I watch tv to fall asleep too but tonight I cannot calm myself down. My body is numb ��

Shazamataz
04-09-16, 08:24
I know the feeling :(

Hopefully it will settle once the anxiety calms down. How long ago did you reduce back to 10 mg fluox?

lucy216
04-09-16, 13:31
I started Monday so hopefully the 20 is still in my system and I just need to wait it out for a few more days until I get normalized