PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack?

jb96123
04-09-16, 11:16
Hi everyone, last night I woke up sweating like crazy, shaking, feeling nauseous and a weird anxious feeling in my chest. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm scared it could be some sort of serious illness :(

skymaid
04-09-16, 19:26
sounds a lot like the one I had this morning. didnt have the nausea but all the others though.

does sound very much like a panic attack.

did the symptoms fade when you managed to relax again? did it last long?

ana
05-09-16, 08:25
Sounds like a night-time panic attack. I experience them often,sadly. When you do wake up in panic,try and get up and have a drink etc. Remind yourself that you're safe and that everything is OK. ☺

Mermaid16
05-09-16, 10:50
Yes, would say a night time panic attack. I found doing the deep breathing, really concentrating on the breath going in through your nose, your chest rising as your lungs fill, and then concentrating on your breath going out of your mouth. This takes your mind off the panic and usually slows your heart rate because you are breathing slower. I also tried relaxation music to get back to sleep that would turn itself off after 1/2 hour or so.

dale12345
05-09-16, 16:49
Sounds like a panic attack, I get at night to. Deep breath, and maybe get a drink of water. I know it feels horrible.

TomO
06-09-16, 21:36
I've had exactly the same - even after an anxiety-free day and in a good place. Just wake up feeling sick, sweaty, shaking, tight chest. The breathing exercises suggested can really help (although you won't believe it at the time). Another breathing trick is to breath in for a count of 4, hold it for a count of 4, breath out for a count of 4, hold it for a count of 4, breath in...etc.

Otherwise just wake up and do something normal for half an hour or so. and then try all of the above. In my experience it doesn't just go away and then back to sleep, but after doing all of that I drift off despite not having quite banished the anxiety and then next time I wake up all is (usually) back to normal.