PDA

View Full Version : Feeling low

KW
11-10-04, 14:31
Hi all

My boyfriend has recently found out he's got high blood pressure (he's only 31) and has a strain on his heart which was a huge shock as he's so healthy but apparently it's hereditary. So that's been a huge worry for us both but his tablets are working he's just waiting to see a cardiologist about the strain. Secondly i might have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which i'm trying not to worry about too much but being 27 natrually i'm worried i won't be able to have children because of this. We're not a healthy pair are we!

I suffer with anxiety and social phobia anyway and i feel quite low today. I've got to go for a diabetes test after work as apparently this can be linked to PCOS.

It's bad enough having social phobia but all these other probs are just getting to me. I keep telling myself to stop worrying and all will be ok. I am coping with things and have really been facing my fear with going to meetings / courses. I guess i'm just scared one day everything will hit me and i'll crack up and won't be able to even get up and go to work. Social phobia makes me feel so abnormal at times and i think i might be losing the plot! But then i know deep down i'm not.. There are other things too but i won't bore you!

Anyway sorry to go on. Just needed to put my thoughts on here.

KW

Karen
11-10-04, 14:59
Hi KW

Sorry to hear you are feeling low today. You are right that coping with one problem is difficult enough, but when you add extra health worries too it makes things tougher to deal with.

You have been doing so well at pushing your comfort zone in relation to the social phobia, attending the meetings and courses. I always think when I have a bad patch, that I will completely crack up again and end up back at square one, but in reality this doesn't happen. The road to recovery can definitely be bumpy but no matter what happens we do keep moving forwards.

It is only natural to be anxious about health worries, and you also have your husband's health concerns to worry about too. It is no wonder you are feeling a bit low.

I hope the diabetes test is alright and the other health issues are quickly resolved.

Take care.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

KW
11-10-04, 15:17
Thanks Briary. I don't think i've got diabetes, i'm sure they're just doing a routine check. Will let you know how i get on.

I worry so much about my boyfriend and his high blood pressure. I automatically thought the worst when he found out especially with the strain on his heart. But got to think positively. I never let him see i'm worried, obviously he knows i'm concerned but i don't want to worry him.

Anyway i'm sure i'll be ok. Just having an off day.

KW

KW
11-10-04, 18:33
Hi Briary

Well i haven't got diabetes so that's good. Have got a urine infection though so that might be why i'm feeling low.

KW

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 18:37
KW

Great news about the Diabetes.

I have a high blood pressure too - I am on meds for it so it is under control.

When do you find out about the PCOS as you say you may have it.

It is just added worry isn't it?

I hope it all works out for u.

Nicola

Karen
11-10-04, 18:43
Hi KW

Good news about the negative diabetes test. It probably can't help having a urine infection. Any added worry or health problem can make us feel worse.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

KW
11-10-04, 18:47
Hi Nicola

Thanks. I've got to have a scan to determine if i have PCOS as i have a lot of the symptoms and had problems conceiving so just want to know if that's what is causing it. Just waiting for the appointment.

Yeah it's all added worry. Nick's blood pressure was high for a while but the doc put him on more medication and finally it's come down so that is a relief. Good to hear yours is under control too.

KW

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 19:03
KW

Good luck with the scan - I do hope it all comes back negative!

Did Nick suffer any side-effects from the blood pressure meds? I did - had to try 3 different ones before I could settle on one. They contributed to my panic coming back last year as I felt so ill on them. It seems to have settled now.

I put mine down to being overweight and a drinker so I know I should sort those 2 out and then it may come down naturally.

Let us know how the tests go ok?

Nicola

KW
11-10-04, 19:14
Hi Nicola

Will let you know. Nick didn't have any side affects although they knocked him out. He was very drowsy at first. He's on Atenelol (think that's how you pronounce it) and plendil and seem to suit him now.

KW

minny
11-10-04, 19:15
Hi KW!!

Sorry to hear youve had a rough time of it lately! Youre handling matters really well! Stay strong! Worrying about people who we love are sometimes the biggest worries of all. Yet we cant help doing it!

Good luck with the scan and I really hope all is well!

Big cuddle for you!

Love Minny...xx

KW
11-10-04, 19:20
Thanks Minny :)

KW

ladynumberone
11-10-04, 19:54
sorry to hear your feeling low i have crones disease and that gets me down along with my depression and panick attacks we all have low periods and things can look pretty depressing sometimes. I hope that things pick up for you and you are ok soon
emma
xxxxx

KW
06-12-04, 14:57
Hi all

Well I went for a scan this morning and i have got Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I'm not surprised though, I knew I had it.

So, got to see the doc next week for blood tests. It will be interesting to see if there is a link with this and the anxiety.

Will keep you all posted. Hope everyone is ok. Haven't been on here for a while, didn't want to turn my back on the site but i have been coping quite well since finishing counselling.

The key to it all is to keep going - do not avoid, no matter how uncomfortable, how difficult, how distressing the situation is..still go through with whatever it is you have to do.

I don't fight the panic anymore - I accept it. Sure, it's frightening when you can't breathe, your heart races etc, but i try and control it now......rather than it control me :)

KW

Meg
06-12-04, 16:26
Hi KW

Yes there is a soft link - mainly to do with glucose metabolism which is what you had a GTT to investigate it.

It may be likely that you will be started on metformin shortly.

Many congratulations on learning to control your symptoms sucessfully and accepting it .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
06-12-04, 19:08
Hi KW

I'm glad you are doing so well following your counselling.

I hope everything goes ok at the doctors.

Karen