PDA

View Full Version : More of the same. MS worries

ReachingOut
04-09-16, 17:51
Hey first post here so please let me know if this is in the wrong place etc (I never use forums but have used this website many times to help my fears despite not making an account until today). I have recently been diagnosed with scoliosis it has made me spend all of my time worrying about if it will get worse will I need surgery etc and it has basically messed my anxiety up again BIG TIME, I have had anxiety and OCD for 4 years and my only way of beating it is staying in my room on my computer so the big wide world wont scare me anymore. I have done exactly that for 4 years but now these health issues plaguing my thoughts have allowed anxiety to get at me from the inside of my comfort zone leaving me with no where left to turn. Well the other day I was told by a spinal surgeon that it is a mild case and I will not have to worry! I am having an xray in about a year to see if it has gotten worse but he seemed convinced I will be okay Yippeee. Well not really since the weeks leading to that point were giving me sleepless nights, back aches, pressure in my head, constant balance issues to the point of stumbling while walking, Pain in heart when breathing in, Breathlessness, you get the picture. The xrays I needed for the doctor to see convinced me the radiation had given me cancer and the pressure in my head which I have had for years is actually a brain tumor but the thing is my health anxiety has been an on and off thing for a while so all of the symptoms I am familiar with I can ignore.But now some new ones have cropped up which truly are scaring me alot. When searching for the new symptoms Multiple Sclerosis had come up so many times so I just visited the website for MS and read the symptoms (big mistake) and I have almost ALL OF THEM. I forget things I have just seen, my balance is always offish and my vision is like a static TV 24/7 I had woken up with a bruised feeling behind my right eye 2 days ago which was pulsating and was alot worse when I bent over for some reason which convinced me of some kind of tumor behind my eye Ireally think I have this problem but I am only 16 years of age I recognize it is unlikely but most of these symptoms are new to me. Thanks for reading way too long but since its my first post I thought I would give a little background info xD Sorry if I word stuff weird

SmithsFan
07-09-16, 03:11
Hi ReachingOut,

If you haven't already see it,I would advise you to check out this http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556.

MS has beena big worry of mine due tothe symptoms i experience and this thread has helped me enormously.

ReachingOut
08-09-16, 21:30
Actually I have read that post and it was worded brilliantly! The visual snow or as I described it static TV is still a problem for me and the other day I had an excruciating pain in my left eye as opposed to the right which left a colorless blob in my vision for about 20min which was like a long rectangular blur which was followed by an intense headache/migraine in my left eye for about an hour which was incredibly scary funnily enough I was in college at the time which I am new at so maybe it was because I am stressed about meeting new people ? I don't know. The good news is the things I am experiencing other people are familiar with however it just does not seem to satisfy me when it comes to anxiety especially when the visual snow is constant despite whether I am stressed or not. Again thank you for the post it is a good one :D

dale12345
08-09-16, 21:34
Despite all we see in the media and news, MS is fairly rare, I worked in a nursing home and went to nursing school, no I didn't finish. But anyways instructor said despite what you here serious illness's like MS are rare. But it is a common fear for people with health anxiety.

Nzxt27
09-09-16, 01:00
I'm in the same boat. I am tired of all the twitches everyday everywhere. I just don't understand sometimes. I never had twitches like this before then I go into panic mode in Jan this year and end up at the ER. They say I'm fine. Two weeks later the twitches started and has not let up. I think I even heard MS is one localized area not the whole body. Mine goes from hand,arms,shoulders,feet, legs, even butt area has twitched some. Mine are random and all over. Could be in hand 1 min althen leg or feet the next.

ReachingOut
10-09-16, 16:53
Thanks alot for the replies! It does help even when a direct answer cannot be given. It is just one thing after another at the moment, my eyes are still like TV static today and my right arm feels numb/tight which is freaking me out right now as I type (Heart attack symptom I think ? Dont wanna check xD). The worst part is when you do not even feel stressed but the physical symptoms keep reminding you about it so its a never ending cycle of worrying. Its hard to think that just worrying can do all of these crazy things, the human body is an amazing thing I just wish I can turn all of these things off. The floaters in my vision are still there and the after imaging last's much longer than before this began, im just so convinced something is wrong despite the fact I am aware anxiety can cause these things. Another thing I have been noticing is that I have trouble focusing on my computer monitor when things are moving across the screen, even scrolling down the forum I can feel my eyes are not as responsive as they used to I just hope all of this is temporary.