PDA

View Full Version : Starting new job tomorrow - so anxious

GirlAfraid23
04-09-16, 21:11
I feel sick tonight.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I feel awful. I haven't worked since March and I had to leave that job due to bullying and a nasty atmosphere.
I'm terrified that it will happen again.
I keep thinking this is a good way to start a fresh but I don't know how I'm going to do it.
My confidence is at rock bottom and I feel like I'm suffering some sort of depression at the moment. It's crept up on me the last few months...I keep having flashbacks of my past. Remembering with massive nostalgia my life before...it catches me unaware and I start crying. I can't even control it. I feel sad, unhappy, it's a mess. I want to turn back the clocks, so desperately. I remember I felt happy before, things were less complicated and I had a more carefree attitude. I keep looking through old photos on Facebook and reading my old diaries.
I've moved away from my family and close friends to be with my partner, I miss them all terribly, especially my mum and dad.
I've recently got engaged to him and although I love him, my heart just isn't in it, I feel guilty because I should be happier but what with everything going on I just haven't got the strength.

I'm so worried I'm going to mess everything up in this new job because I'm so awful at everything...I feel like there's so much pressure on me to do well, my family and friends don't understand, they just think I need to pull myself out of it. It's so draining.

I'm still anxious about my health, my breathing is still weird, I'm getting heart flutters, my ribs hurt and every little thing worries me, even what to take for lunch to this new job everyday. It sounds crazy, but little things that normal people can deal with get me in such a state! At least when I'm at home, I can have what I want, when I want and don't have to plan ahead, it seems to take up a lot of energy in me.

brucealmighty
04-09-16, 21:18
the night before any big change is tough, whether its starting a new school like a lot of children will be tomorrow or in your case a career change.

I know personally that you aren`t expected to know everything on day one of a new job, I lost my job a while back and starting afresh is hard, but hand on heart most people in most places want to help others, you get the odd awkward so and so but generally if you ask for help you tend to get it.

no change is comfortable or easy, but the past maybe wasn`t as great as you remember it either. tonight you might not sleep, or you might, or like in my case on day one of my new job I had to pop out at lunchtime to buy imodium because I was literally sh*tting myself with nerves. no one knew and I`m still in the job.

every day, even dreadful ones only have 24 hours and tomorrow at this time you`ll have done your first day. I don`t know how it will go but I do know I`ll be thinking of you and wishing you well, and remembering speeding to the local shop asking for emolient - which apparently is a skin cream - to stop diarrhoea. the assistant very kindly said `do you mean imodium love?` as I stood there sweating and trembling!

best of luck for tomorrow. big day, big change, but also a big opportunity to move into a happier stage of your life.

dale12345
04-09-16, 21:31
You will do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have anxiety so this is normal. Your mind is making you feel pain that isn't there. Will be thinking of you!!!

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

the night before any big change is tough, whether its starting a new school like a lot of children will be tomorrow or in your case a career change.

I know personally that you aren`t expected to know everything on day one of a new job, I lost my job a while back and starting afresh is hard, but hand on heart most people in most places want to help others, you get the odd awkward so and so but generally if you ask for help you tend to get it.

no change is comfortable or easy, but the past maybe wasn`t as great as you remember it either. tonight you might not sleep, or you might, or like in my case on day one of my new job I had to pop out at lunchtime to buy imodium because I was literally sh*tting myself with nerves. no one knew and I`m still in the job.

every day, even dreadful ones only have 24 hours and tomorrow at this time you`ll have done your first day. I don`t know how it will go but I do know I`ll be thinking of you and wishing you well, and remembering speeding to the local shop asking for emolient - which apparently is a skin cream - to stop diarrhoea. the assistant very kindly said `do you mean imodium love?` as I stood there sweating and trembling!

best of luck for tomorrow. big day, big change, but also a big opportunity to move into a happier stage of your life. I had panic attack today and almost did the same thing grocery shopping, anxiety is a fun little *******!

Oosh
04-09-16, 22:08
Just take one day at a time. Settle on some work food you're happy with and get tomorrow out of the way and then reevaluate your situation.

Tomorrow is nothing to do with your past work experience. It's a fresh start with new people. Look for who you'd enjoy being your friend. What's likeable about the people there. And start to take in what's expected of you, be an observer.

Decide how you feel about your first day and the things you can do on the second day to take you closer towards being happy.

Don't think about relationships for now. One thing at a time.

Let us know how your first day goes. Enjoy it.

Don't let things pile up and kill your mood. One at a time and slowly make decisions you think are right for you. It'll all work out in the end.