PDA

View Full Version : I want my life back

Jameeyy
05-09-16, 01:28
Hi everyone/reader,

I have just been recently diagnosed with a chronic anxeity disorder at 24 years old. However im in two minds whether I believe it or not. Since the start of September last year I got a sudden rush of panic while sitting down watching TV with my family late at night; struggling to breathe, racing heart and a huge sense of doom. I thought I was having a painless heart attack or something. I then got rushed into A&E, the hospital people checked my heart etc all came back fine. They advised me to go to my local GP as soon as possible.

I then went to my doctor and they asked if I was stressed, I told them I wouldn't say I am stressed (I do stress now and then but not enough to consider I stress ALL the time). They told me to change my lifestyle and eat are more clean diet. Months went by and I thought nothing of it, around April this year I woke up with intense stomach pains the worst pains I have ever felt in my life, got rushed into A&E and they stated everything is fine with me. I couldn't believe that I was told that I was okay suffering from a pain from hell. I then went back to the doctors and they then gave me blood test, nothing came up. Weeks later I then suffered from the same problem, severe stomach pain, rushed into A&E and all sorts. Same result; nothing wrong with me they say.

After weeks of the stomach pain I developed constant twitching, from my legs and all over my body. Even heart palpitations like sudden frights of my heart. Even when I laugh hard I would get a sudden fright. I can't believe what was wrong with me. After changing doctors because I felt they weren't satisfying enough the doctors I am at now just diagnosed me with cronic anexity. I was given beta blockers and citalopram, I have felt like none of them have worked.

Has anyone on here had/have the same symptoms?

I still get twitching every day like every minute all over my body and heart palpitations like once a week. Doctors maintain its anexity, I am so scared in case I am going to die or something.

Mermaid16
05-09-16, 05:07
Hi Jameey. The twitching and palpitations are very common symptoms of anxiety. I'm sure many of us (well myself anyway), have also visited the A&E when I had my first panic attack (heart racing, feeling dizzy, feeling the need to escape, thinking that I was having a heart attack). These are all very common symptoms of panic and anxiety. How long have you been taking the medications that were prescribed. I'm not sure about the beta blockers (as I have never taken them), but the anti depressants usually take at least 4 weeks before you will notice some improvement and sometimes a little longer. Sometimes the symptoms (anxiety) may also feel that they are getting worse, before they will get better. They will get better though, you just need to be patient. There is lots of information on this site, you could try looking at the 'symptoms' section and 'panic attacks' section maybe to start with. There are lots of people on here with similar experiences that will be able to share their knowledge with you. You are not going to die and anxiety is very common. You could try to do some deep breathing exercises at lease once a day for 15 minutes, also try doing mindfullness meditation. You can google these, there are lots of them on youtube. This will help to bring your body and mind down from the heightened state of anxiousness. It takes practice, but it is a start. Hope you start to feel better soon. Tracy