PDA

View Full Version : I just want to be normal again

Nervous jen
05-09-16, 05:34
Please help I'm scared I was on celexa before didn't notice side effects because I went months with anxiety body hurt everywhere and I finally took it by week two I noticed a big change. I was on it for 5 yrs did well so I tapered off 8 months ago . Well the other day I had a panic attack and started worrying again so I said let's give it another go holy Lord I'm experiencing things I don't even know really tired and shaky in the morning subsides a little in the afternoon hardly an appetite diarrhea bad anxiety even after the first one I'm on day six does anyone have any ideas how to work through this or has been on it more than once ::scared15:

Ultimatejourney
05-09-16, 06:45
Sounds like you might want to go and see your Psychiatrist again - it could be that you are taking too much too soon, or that you might want to try a different medication. Also, are you seeing a psychologist?

akb
05-09-16, 12:50
For some reason, some medications are less effective second time round but the symptoms you described could be you just scaring yourself. I agree with previous poster that you need to go back to see your doc.

Nervous jen
07-09-16, 05:43
I did go to the doc again he assured me it will work he said up the dose but I told him I had a panic attack before the pill even hit my throat and I have had anxiety all day. I was told once by an on call psych resident all these meds make anxiety worse that means its working up it to 20 mg after a week that was the first time I was on it. I told my husband I feel I'm losing my mind I wasn't this bad I even told my doc that he said it's normal up the dose. I mean you tell a doc you feel wacked out and he said up to, 20 come back in a week wth I feel lost alone crying I want to admit myself to a hospital:scared15:

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

I'm only on 10 milligrams that's not even high I'm sure a lot of it is just me I freaked out on day one at 5 milligrams

davidpolidan
07-09-16, 11:55
There are lots of side effects of Celexa such as insomnia, nausea, sudden weight lose or gain and sex ability. I found many side effect of this antidepressant rather than benefits so limit the dose and avoid.

chiguy
07-09-16, 20:41
I did go to the doc again he assured me it will work he said up the dose but I told him I had a panic attack before the pill even hit my throat and I have had anxiety all day. I was told once by an on call psych resident all these meds make anxiety worse that means its working up it to 20 mg after a week that was the first time I was on it. I told my husband I feel I'm losing my mind I wasn't this bad I even told my doc that he said it's normal up the dose. I mean you tell a doc you feel wacked out and he said up to, 20 come back in a week wth I feel lost alone crying I want to admit myself to a hospital:scared15:

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

I'm only on 10 milligrams that's not even high I'm sure a lot of it is just me I freaked out on day one at 5 milligrams

Jen - I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. I had the exact same thing happen to me after self tapering off of Prozac after 10 years in April of this year. Took me until July to feel better again.

*if you want to read about my journey, search my name; I started one thread back in April. I re-read it often to remind myself of how much I improved over time with my own hard work!*

I'm now all the way back on my original 20mg/daily of prozac and feel pretty damn good.

I 100% feel for you and I promise it's just the GAD getting to you. Some of us need the medication just like a diabetic needs insulin. I saw both a psychiatrist and psychologist for 3 full months to help with both the medicine reaclimation and the external stressors that contributed to my relapse.

You'll be back at it in no time! :hugs:

Nervous jen
07-09-16, 21:16
Thanks for the kind words I hope I do get better I hate hearing try something new. I can't I will wig out even more then end up in the hospital again. I tried lexapro cymbal ta and they made me worse as well I was way worse off the first time I took celexa or I should say before I started. I'm beginning to think a lot of it is me because I have a pill phobia and I have health anxiety so when I hear or feel something it gets way worse