PDA

View Full Version : MRSA/Staph fears

Ultimatejourney
05-09-16, 06:29
I've been freaking out about this red bumpy spot that i found on my shoulder/collarbone area pretty much all day. I'm afraid that it's MRSA/staph and that it's going to get worse overnight - even though it hasn't really changed since I first noticed it. I was later able to get a bit of a pus-like thing to come out of it. It's not painful or itching - just red and a bit bumpy. The redness may have actually gone down a bit.
I have keratosis pilaris and skin writers/dermatographia and I've also had moles that showed up kind of like that I think? and I've been wearing new t-shirts that were a bit itchy at first, so I'm wondering if any of that could have caused it.
My biggest fear is just going to sleep and waking up really sick and needing to go to the hospital:scared15::weep:

hanshan
05-09-16, 08:14
It sounds like a pimple to me, but as always, check with a doctor if you think you have a medical condition - this site can only deal with people whose primary problem is anxiety. You should never be anxious about going to a hospital, whether for anxiety or a physical illness.

Ultimatejourney
05-09-16, 17:56
It sounds like a pimple to me, but as always, check with a doctor if you think you have a medical condition - this site can only deal with people whose primary problem is anxiety. You should never be anxious about going to a hospital, whether for anxiety or a physical illness.

I always figured that if I actually had something wrong I wouldn't be panicking but idk. Had I been able to drive I probably would have taken myself to the emergency clinic.
I did survive the night and it has gotten better.