PDA

View Full Version : Terrible anxiety are these all signs of acute anxiety

rodds
05-09-16, 18:28
Been to hospital 5 ekgs bloods chest axray all fine been to doctors loads of times on loads of medication the symtthmons trigger my anxiety to PURE PANIC PAIN IN CHEST HEART REGION CHOKING FEALING CANT BREATH THEY DRIVE ME TO PURE PANIC THAT I HAVE SERIOUS ILLNESS CAN SOME ONE SAY THAT ALL THESE SYMTHOMS ARE COMING FROM MY ANXIETY AS THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD ALL HELP NEEDED RODDS

Fishmanpa
06-09-16, 12:33
Sorry you're suffering so much. You've been hurting for a while now. I wish there was something someone could "say" that would help. Words are just words and reassurance doesn't work. It's action on your part in the form of seeking professional help with your anxiety and panic that will be the way forward.

Perhaps next time you have the urge to go to the ER, go to or call the local mental health helpline or facility.

Positive thoughts

lurchergirl
06-09-16, 12:47
Hi i hope you are feeling better today, i have all the same symptoms as yourself pretty much most of every day. Coming on here reminds me that we are all in the same boat, this absolute horrible thing called anxiety and panic is so scary but try to remember each episode will pass and we will make it through.

Aaahhfreakout
07-09-16, 23:16
All these symptoms could easily come from anxiety, yes. It's often very hard not to think there's more to it, but there usually isn't.

A lot of people recommend the work of Dr. Claire Weekes to help with anxiety, some of which you can listen to here:

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/relax.html

Pepperpot
07-09-16, 23:27
Pain in chest? Yep. I had that. Horrid tight and aching feeling.
Feeling of choking and can't breath? Yep. I had that too. I found that singing out loud and also taking sips of water helped, as it assured me that I COULD breathe.