PDA

View Full Version : Migraine

elysemarie123
05-09-16, 19:06
Hi everyone. I had a migraine today with a visual
Aura and it really freaked me out. I've had them since I was in high school and I'm 28 now. If I catch it when I get the aura I almost never get the headache (which happened today) but I still constantly worry about it. For the next week I will be checking my vision and dreading that I am going to get another one. Does this happen to anyone? How do you get over worrying about something that can suck but I can definitely control?

smiles
05-09-16, 19:26
Hi there, I've only ever had a few migraines, with sight disturbances, and it's really scary!! I know for a good week afterwards I'm really edgy, then the fear seems to fade away after that, just relax and try to be kind to yourself, not much help I know, but what you are feeling is normal x x x

Phuzella
05-09-16, 20:27
Make sure you keep hydrated :)

dizzy daisy
05-09-16, 21:03
Yes I'm exactly the same. I've had them for years too and they never fail to freak me out. I'm the same in that I feel nervous for ages afterwards checking every little flash or flicker thinking it's coming back again.
I had awful eye strain lately and the fact I get these migraines stopped me from getting my eyes checked immediately for fear they were going to spot an issue either in my eye or behind my eye. I did get brave and go for the check and all was fine. Xx

elysemarie123
05-09-16, 23:08
Yes I'm exactly the same. I've had them for years too and they never fail to freak me out. I'm the same in that I feel nervous for ages afterwards checking every little flash or flicker thinking it's coming back again.
I had awful eye strain lately and the fact I get these migraines stopped me from getting my eyes checked immediately for fear they were going to spot an issue either in my eye or behind my eye. I did get brave and go for the check and all was fine. Xx

Isn't it awful? This was my first one in 3 years but I just feel right back where I started 😞