PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Chest Tightness caused by anxiety, I think I found a cure!!!

Lily83
05-09-16, 20:16
I was talking with a neighbour about my chest tightness coming for a few days then disappearing for a few days then coming back and so on. She told me that it's because I'm tensing up my diaphragm.

What I needed to do was just let go of my chest breathing and not suck in my gut, just let it hang loose! As soon as I did that, my chest tightness went away!!! I had no idea that was tensing my muscles all the time!

STAND UP. (DON'T WEAR A BRA OR TIGHT CLOTHES WHEN DOING THIS EXERCISE). GO TO A PEACEFUL PLACE IN YOUR HOME. (I DID THIS IN THE BATHROOM). YOU NEED TO RELAX YOUR DIAPHRAGM AND LET GO! BREATHE IT ALL OUT AND RELAX YOUR GUT! THEN THE CHEST TIGHTNESS GOES AWAY.

I hope this advice helps others who complain of chest tightness and have already ruled out any health issues with an ECG, Lung X-ray, and blood tests including Thyroid and Anaemia.

Buster70
06-09-16, 13:04
Hi , thanks for sharing I'll give this a go , my chest has been realy tensed up for 3 days and it's wiping me out , any things worth a go , thanks

Lily83
06-09-16, 17:32
Breathe out through you stomach and let go of your gut. Don't hold it in.

I hope it works for you as it did to me. It worked straight away for me. Let me know how it goes!

almamatters
06-09-16, 18:34
Thanks for this, I've had pain in this area for about 2 weeks due to tension . I'll definitely give it a go!

georgewing
08-09-16, 12:14
Thanks very much for this as i found useful things .Also try to specialize in breathing tehniques they are useful and i learn useful things from there

Lily83
09-09-16, 15:59
My chest tightness hasn't returned since realising I was tensing my muscles.

Worrychick
05-11-16, 15:03
Thank you Lily, I am trying your technique now as I suffer from tension in my chest and stomach all day long at times. Exercising it stops interestingly. Its a horrible feeling like anticipation. I have increased sertrelene to 100mg but it feels worse at the moment. x

Super_Freaked
06-11-16, 21:34
i have been using this advice here and some other points and it seems to help me at lot. I try to breathe in threw my nose instead of mouth to make sure i am not overbreating and to slow breathe down. to relax my chest and stomach as much as i can and it seem to have helped me to my surprise

NoraB
07-11-16, 15:20
DON'T WEAR A BRA

If it doesn't sort my breathing out, at least I'll be keeping my knees warm.:D

Lily83
01-03-17, 00:23
Hahahahaha THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME LAUGH! I really needed that. Sadly, I found out I had chest tightness due to a severe allergy to pollen so it wasn't anxiety causing it. Just my stupid ex GP making me believe it was all in my mind.

Annalise
02-03-17, 23:40
If it doesn't sort my breathing out, at least I'll be keeping my knees warm.:D

:roflmao: