PDA

View Full Version : Radiation Exposure Worries

Lily777
05-09-16, 21:40
Hello all, i'm recently going through a bout of worrying about radiation exposure from a pelvic and abdominal CT scan I had last year. I found this article from the Mayo Clinic that really put my mind at ease, and I wanted to post it for anyone else who is having a similar worry. It's a bit of a long read, but completely worth it. I hope this helps someone. :)

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(15)00591-1/pdf

nomorepanic
05-09-16, 23:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Twisted-Melody
16-01-19, 11:52
Hello Lily. I am reading this a few years later but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing! I have a CT scan tomorrow and this has really helped put my mind at rest :)

ErinKC
17-01-20, 22:37
I came across this a few year ago also and found it very comforting! I had 5 CT scans in a matter of days back in 2011 before and after emergency abdominal surgery and it weighed on my mind for a long time. This made me feel so much better!

Fishmanpa
18-01-20, 01:55
Just to add onto this.....

I had six weeks of chemo and radiation for Stage 4a Head and Neck cancer. I had radiation 5 days a week for six weeks. Aside from the radiation that literally burned the skin off my neck and turned my mouth and throat to mush, I had a CT scan prior to the radiation to adjust the beams. 30 treatments (30 CT scans and then radiation in six weeks!) in total and I'm I'm still here so..... A few scans? Pffft... :lac:

Positive thoughts