PDA

View Full Version : Been in hospital.

katyfitz
05-09-16, 21:51
So had a bit of a scare.

Basically nearly a week and a bit a go I spilt oil down my right leg, it resulted in it blistering and having to go to hospital and getting the skin removed to see the extent of the Burn. I was given dressing to change it every day and keep it clean.

Anyway I ran out of dressing so went to the chemist and she told me the foot was infected and I needed to go to hospital.
I started googling and septicaemia came up and I convinced myself it was going to happen to me.
It can happen later after a burn so if I didn't have it now I would have it at some point.
Anyway I went to the hospital and whilst waiting I was hot and cold, swear pouring off me and I was convinced my temperature was sky high and I was getting the shivers associated with septecemia.
Anyway the nurse took one look at it and said 'that's healing nicely and not infected.

Basically it was a good outcome but I am sitting here thinking what if the septecemia comes later? Can anyone tell me if they've burnt themselves and if so what happened? X