PDA

View Full Version : enlarged liver? :(

Stephenie.welch
05-09-16, 22:18
I'm sorry to post again but I keep having upper right sided pain and I'm thinking it'd definitely* my liver. I had a ultrasound back in may COMPARISON: Abdominal ultrasound from April 17, 2013*

FINDINGS:*

The liver remains upper normal in size with a maximal dimension of 18.6 cm; hepatic echogenicity and morphology are otherwise unremarkable. There is no intrahepatic biliary dilation. The common bile duct measures 3 mm. The gallbladder has an unremarkable*
sonographic appearance. No pericholecystic fluid or significant gallbladder wall thickening. The sonographic Murphy sign was negative. The partially visualized pancreas is unremarkable.*

Impression
IMPRESSION: Unremarkable abdominal ultrasound

How can it be unremarkable* if it's that big ?*

Sorry if I sound stupid but I'm serious.

venusbluejeans
05-09-16, 22:23
All organs vary in size..... at no point in that does it say you have a large liver......it says you have a normal sized liver. normal isn't just one size.

Sounds like a perfectly healthy liver to me and totally 'unremarkable'

Fishmanpa
05-09-16, 23:59
Abdominal ultrasound from April 17, 2013*

FINDINGS:*

The liver remains upper normal in size....

Impression
IMPRESSION: Unremarkable abdominal ultrasound

How can it be unremarkable* if it's that big ?*

Because it's NORMAL!

Positive thoughts

dale12345
06-09-16, 00:29
Because it's NORMAL!

Positive thoughts

Its normal you r ok.

Stephenie.welch
12-09-16, 19:23
I can't stop worrying about this I don't know why. I'm terrified.

Mojo61
12-09-16, 19:36
If you had liver problems you would have other symptoms like jaundice, nausea, weight loss, fatigue etc. Have you got any of those?

Probably a pulled muscle or a strain.

Stephenie.welch
14-09-16, 06:32
Got another ultrasound and they are saying its enlarged even though it's the same size it was before???

heyitsmeyou
14-09-16, 09:11
Hello! I too have an enlarged liver. It can be from many different things. I would assume that you have also had bloodwork done? Did the Dr. talk about it at all?

Stephenie.welch
14-09-16, 10:41
He said everything was normal but it clearly said hepatomegaly on report. Also said fatty liver so I'm assuming it's enlarged from my weight. What's yours from?

heyitsmeyou
14-09-16, 19:26
Fatty liver as well. It's... pretty common these days with all the processed foods and our bad diets. Try to stay away from junk and processed foods as well as excersise a bit more. I had some elevated enzymes such as alt but was able to bring them back down with a bit of a diet change :)