PDA

View Full Version : Primitive?

Jherron
06-09-16, 07:57
Anyone else feel the need to just run to the woods? I just feel as though sometimes that I don't fit in the structure of society. My mind is always wide open and I feel as though my body should be too. I do find though that native American Music soothes me deeply. I have learned some coping techniques but sadly one of them is a few drinks of alcohol. I find it extremely difficult to live in the modern world. I'm constantly aware of my place amongst the universe and just how small I am. It is hard to live with said type of mind set. Who else is in the same boat figurative speaking?

Shazamataz
06-09-16, 08:06
I'm not exactly in the same boat but I do find the world very frustrating and people hard to tolerate at times. I think if you can get a balance between modern society and the outdoors then you will feel better. I have two dogs so we are out in nature every day and it's when I'm at my calmest/happiest.

LittleMissAlone
06-09-16, 09:01
Hiya

Here in Britain our morning television today is doing a feature on the power of the open air, exercise, countryside and stuff, better than meds. I live on the edge of a city and I can be in the countryside within about 10 mins. With me though I've struggled with agoraphobia and separation type symptoms, unfortunately I'm better at home, though theres loads of people who can't relax anywhere, so I guess I'm lucky.

I'm envious of you outside types! I'm determined to be that way myself soon.

pulisa
06-09-16, 09:37
I can see "ecotherapy" as being a money-making tool for some. For others being outdoors can be really therapeutic and liberating. It doesn't really make much difference for me anxiety-wise but fresh air has always got to be a good thing

Fishmanpa
06-09-16, 12:45
I relate as nature is therapeutic. I moved to an area of the US (Shenandoah Valley) that is one of the most beautiful places in the country for that very reason. There's nothing more soothing to me than to hike through the woods and mountains, sit next to a mountain stream or find an overlook and let the Blue Ridge soak into my soul :)

Positive thoughts