PDA

View Full Version : stopping Venlafaxine and keeping seroquel rx anxiety

Torombolo
06-09-16, 17:12
Ok after almost 4 months on venlafaxine xr 300 ml and didn't do the trick my motivation was still low and my anxiety didn't get any better and the panic sttacks always there, so i stopped the venlafaxine and i am going to keep taking quetiapine rx 600 mlgs for my anxiety and depression, for some reason i start to take this med 4 weeks ago and seem is working much better on my anxiety and depression than venlafaxine , venlafaxine only gave me puffy eyes,sexual problems and etc,,, so no more venlafaxine ,
Now i am on quetiapine 600 mlg daily and my anxiety has decreased a lot but i am not still good enough for going back to work!! i really hope to get better soon because is frustrating.
Is anyone here on seoquel(quetiapine) for anxiety with a good results???

dale12345
07-09-16, 16:56
I take 150 at night, my sych just upped it to 200. I think it does help,I am taking a lower dose but it does seem to slow my thinking. I think it can take awhile to work completely. But over all I think it is a good med.

Shazamataz
07-09-16, 22:56
It's not a good idea to stop venlafaxine suddenly. I hope you have done this gradually under supervision!

Torombolo
08-09-16, 16:17
Hello dale, thank you for your comment,i am taking 600 mlg , 400 at night and 200 day, and my anxiety start to fade away a lot but i am still getting those "suddenly fears " every time i have to do something important, so yeah my anxiety still not under control yet and i am on 600 mlg which is a lot, but i do not want to go back to effexor ,that medication didn't do much and side effects not good either so i guess i am going to keep taking my seroquel daily and wait a few couple of weeks more to see the results ..lol.
thank you again for your comment.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Hello shazamataz, thank you for question, yes i did stop the venlafaxine xr cold turkey i was on it for 4 months and didn't work my anxiety was a bit less debilitating but nothing enough for carryng a normal life , like going out and go back to work! essential part of the daily living of any person so yes i did stop the medication cold turkey 5 days ago and the withdrawal symptoms are not as bad as i thought, I am aware that may be that is the reason i am still feeling anxious with the quetiapine rx alone but i know this is going to pass soon and then i will know if the seroquel alone is enough for my anxiey.
Cheers[COLOR="blue"]