PDA

View Full Version : Positive?

Emmarolo
06-09-16, 17:42
So, is there anyone that can tell me some positive diazepam stories? I have been taking 5mg for 4 weeks to help me sleep whilst my fluoxetine starts to work. My doctor has assured me that I'm safe and that we will taper me off gently when I'm ready but all I hear are horror stories. Any positive ones? Nothing scary please as my anxiety is high.

almamatters
06-09-16, 18:24
I was prescribed diazapam a few years ago and found it really helpful . Can't remember the exact dose but I used to take one an hour before bed daily. I was on it for about 2 months and had no problems coming off it. I was given it again recently when I needed to attend an appointment and again found it very helpful. It never made me feel completely 'out of it' just really calm. I know some people have bad experiences of this medication, but I found it fine. Good luck.

skymaid
06-09-16, 18:48
I find it awesome for getting rid of panic attacks (takes 20-30 mins to work).

Never tried it for sleep.

Never has given me any side effects except maybe I feel a little depressed the next day.

Mermaid16
06-09-16, 23:18
Hi I am in the same boat. It has been prescribed for about a month while I taper from one AD and start another. I, like you was petrified of addiction and associated withdrawals, but the pysch has assured me that I won't have problems coming off as he will be monitoring the medication and as long as I follow what he says it will be fine. I currently take 6mg a day. Trust your doctor they are experts in their field. You are only making your anxiety worse worrying about it. Follow his/her advice regarding the medication and you will be fine. He will give you a taper schedule when the time is right. Tracy

dale12345
06-09-16, 23:43
Never have had a problem, taken it off and on for years.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

So, is there anyone that can tell me some positive diazepam stories? I have been taking 5mg for 4 weeks to help me sleep whilst my fluoxetine starts to work. My doctor has assured me that I'm safe and that we will taper me off gently when I'm ready but all I hear are horror stories. Any positive ones? Nothing scary please as my anxiety is high.

I think you will be ok.

karenp
10-09-16, 07:01
5mg is such a low dose too....I was on the equiv of 20mg only in Lorazepam form. You won't get wd if you take it for a short time and if longer, if you slowly taper. Good luck darl, hope the AD soon kicks in, and is the one for you. xxxxx

Emmarolo
11-09-16, 18:57
Thank you all for your kind positive replies. Did you all slowly taper off them or just stop? I see my doctor tomorrow.

Mermaid16
11-09-16, 23:51
Hi Emmarolo. It is best if you take advice regarding your medication from your doctor only. Your doctor will advise you what is best. If you are concerned about it, ask him to give you a plan with regards to the medication that you can take home. Tracy