PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline

leesa-x
06-09-16, 19:27
Hello can anyone give me some reassurance please. Doctor has prescribed me amitriptyline for anxiety he seems to think my acid reflux is due to my nerves...it's only 10m but I'm scared to take it don't want to get sleepy my mum says it will help me relax but I'm just worried :shrug: kind regards

TomO
06-09-16, 21:54
I took Amitriptyline 50mg when I last had a relapse of my bad anxiety. 10mg shouldn't make you sleepy or go crazy or really change you in any way. Of course I say this not as a doctor at all but as someone who took it. I did notice I was slightly more tired, but not drowsy, more just like I'd had an hour less sleep than usual.

The good thing is that it will take effect quite rapidly so you'll know if it's having an impact on improving things. It is also easy enough (always in consultation with a doctor) to stop almost immediately if you're not happy with the way it's making you feel.

Fishmanpa
06-09-16, 21:54
I actually was prescribed that for nerve pain and as a sleep aid. It definitely helped the nerve pain and if taken in the evening before bed, you'll sleep like a baby :)

Positive thoughts

Sparkling_Fairy
07-09-16, 15:04
I was petrified to take 10mg but it did squad for me. I had a friend who slept like a baby from it. Me not so much. Though it did reduce my headaches.
I doubt 10mg will do much for you, but even if it does make you drowsy, that's why you take it before bed :-)

leesa-x
07-09-16, 22:36
Aw thank you guys :) I took my first one yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I imagined, hopefully it will help with my anxiety :) x