PDA

View Full Version : Supposed to be recovering.

Katkat
06-09-16, 22:17
Hi, I'll try and keep this brief...

I'm 31 and have been emetophobic for as long as I can remember. About three years ago I did a course of CBT followed by the Thrive programme and it completely solved my fear of being around others being sick, but I still have a lot of anxiety relating to me being sick myself.

After twenty years vom-free, I had two bugs last winter that I caught at the same time as my toddler, who is now 18 months old.

Now we're heading into autumn I'm terrified, despite those bugs not being a big deal at all. I don't know how I'm going to get through this winter without letting panic run riot and it's so frustrating because I know I should be able to manage my thinking.

So hello to fellow Emetophobes. I hate this phobia with passion.

skymaid
06-09-16, 22:25
I deeply sympathise. I've had it since was around 6-7 i think. Certainly as long as i can remember.

I had a mini breakdown due to over working and not a healthly enough lifestyle for too long and its magnified my emetophobia so much that its turned into agoraphobia a bit. I'm currently doing CBT for this and slowly pulling myself out of it again. I hope to just get back to my phobia being managable soon,

I did buy that Thrive book and didn't really get very far ( i think i was too tired to really focus on it). Glad to here it worked for you, i may well give it another go.

Katkat
06-09-16, 22:28
Thrive is excellent, I just wish I was strong enough to action it all :(