PDA

View Full Version : Major anxiety every morning

rainbow
07-09-16, 06:58
Hi, I've posted here about my fear of bowel cancer and my obsession with checking my stools. I really want to feel better but my mind won't let me!

Every morning I wake up with massive anxiety, my breathing is really erratic and I struggle to bring it under control. I have had cbt twice in the past and I'm trying to put it into practice but my irrational thoughts are very strong.

Struggling so much!

smiles
07-09-16, 10:10
Hi Tracy, it's good to keep eye on things, but when it gets obsessive it becomes bloody frustrating!!
Have you got any symptoms at all or is it just something the niggles at you?

heyitsmeyou
07-09-16, 10:55
I too notice my anxiety is much worse in the morning. I'm not sure why though.

rainbow
07-09-16, 12:48
Hi smiles, this recent HA bout was brought on by me noticing something red on the tp after a bm. I had eaten red foods in the days previous but my mind just latched onto the worst case scenario. Looking back at old posts on this forum and another one I have written about the same thing over the past 5 years, so most people would make sense of that and just get on with their lives, but not me!!!

I have had enduring stress over the last 2 years as my 30 yo son has bpd and self harms frequently, he has sent me photos of the self harm over the last few months. He has psychotic like episodes and usually takes it out on me.

I'm trying really hard to overcome this as I had a really bad mental health spiral 5 years ago over the same thing. I became very ill and was unable to function in day to day living. I very nearly lost my job. I can't give into this but my defences are low and every day is a struggle.