PDA

View Full Version : Celexa makes me feel wonky

Nervous jen
07-09-16, 07:03
I've been on celexa before because I suffer severe anxiety anyone else feel like they are losing their mind in the time of a full blown anxiety state. Especially since I'm restarting celexa the side effect for me is as soon as I take the pill I'm instantly panicked stricken all day I think a lot of it is me I've taken this before. I'm on 10 mg right now I was on it 5 yrs ago went off 8 months ago now I'm back on. The anxiety increase is either me or the pill I'm not sure I told the doc this as well I've been on for 8 days and I feel I should stop taking it because I feel anxious all day long after I take it and it hasn't even been in me for 5 min. I'm at my wits and anyone ever suffer from pill anxiety:scared15:

Shazamataz
07-09-16, 07:08
If it's worked before I'd maybe stick with it? It depends if the anxiety is a lot worse since starting it? Really common to get increased anxiety when starting and some of this is probably not the meds but you. I'd say med anxiety is very common.

A few months ago I tried quetiapine and felt incredibly bad after about 40 minutes to the point I rung Emergency Psych as I thought I was having a bad reaction. The lady on the phone reassured me and calmed me down and then I realised it was ME and not the pills.

It's very hard though.

Nervous jen
07-09-16, 07:11
I have also wanted to rush to the hospital and check myself in because the anxiety gets so bad I feel I'll never be normal again.

Shazamataz
07-09-16, 08:07
I have also wanted to rush to the hospital and check myself in because the anxiety gets so bad I feel I'll never be normal again.

I was like this earlier in the year while starting up on sertraline and then citalopram. If it's really really bad maybe you could talk to a doctor?