PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer? Paranoid.

unicorn1016
07-09-16, 09:16
I'm only 16 but I'm so worried about skin cancer. I have this mole on my back that's obviously hard to see but I'm really scared about it as it looks darker in the middle and it's not quite a circle, I don't think I've ever had serious sunburn. There's nobody I want to talk to this about so I don't know what to dooo

LittleMissAlone
07-09-16, 09:25
Unicorn, there is a place you can go and that's your gp.

Mrschurchill
07-09-16, 09:31
Go to your GP who will no doubt check it over and confirm everything is ok. I have a LOT of moles and freak out about them but the GP can usually tell if something warrants a check by a dermo and they will put your mind at ease xx

Gary A
07-09-16, 09:45
Skin cancer rarely happens on areas of skin that aren't exposed to high levels of UV radiation. Moles are very common, and what might look concerning to you is very likely to be of absolutely no concern to a trained eye.

Go to your GP and have it checked out, it's not at all likely to be anything sinister, but it's only sensible to have it checked if you're going to be worried about it.

Kayla1992
07-09-16, 12:38
Living in Australia I know all about melanoma too... All I can say is that the earlier you get checked the better :)