PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound results- going insane with worry!

cinnamon12
07-09-16, 13:32
Hi everyone,
I've been experiencing some really bad abdominal cramps for a long while maybe even years, but these past few months it got to me and I braved a trip to the docs. I have a severe medical phobia and cannot even have my blood pressure taken let alone a blood test without feeling faint or throwing up. So you can imagine my fear when I had an ultrasound the other day. I actually found it quite painful, the sonographer seemed to press down extremely hard on my bladder which made me feel sick to my stomach afterwards and I also felt faint. The sonographer didn't say anything regarding what she could see which worries me. I am now facing an agonising wait for the results, and have built up a picture in my head that there's something wrong with all my organs.

The phone rang earlier and I am beside myself with panic. I didn't answer as it said withheld, though just the thought of the Doctor ringing after a few days makes me wonder if it's something bad, though they didn't leave a message.
The pain I have is low right in my abdomen, and it also aches in my back there and near my hip. I also get some rib pain and upper abdomen pain. I'm so terrified I have cysts or cancer, as I'm worried how I'd cope with the treatment. After avoiding medical help for so long, I'm now convinced I'm going to be told something awful.

How the hell I am supposed to reassure myself?
Anyone been in a similar position?

heyitsmeyou
08-09-16, 09:12
Usually, they are not allowed to mention what they see on the screen as they are not doctors. That's why he/she didn't say anything. A trained MD or technician looks over the screening afterwards. I'm sure you're fine (: