PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

Dano
07-09-16, 14:14
Hello everyone,
My name is "dano" I have had panic/agoraphobia for over 20 years, I have never asked for help for this disorder except through a Dr. or license therapist. I was well for awhile, then wham, a setback! A return of all my symtoms- the one symtom I can't seem to conquer is the breathing, this was my original sytom that started when I was 18, serving in the military. I have always been able to work throughout my career, I have went to college for over 5 years and have 2 degrees, but when the panic hits, its not pleasant at all-I can still function at work, but it takes its toll on my social life and alone times. I think my main fear is that of breathing correctly, its not that I can, its the fear that I can't. So any advice would be much appreciated. Thank You, and Hello from the U.S .close to Canada

venusbluejeans
07-09-16, 14:20
Hiya Dano and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
10-09-16, 19:32
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.